Logistic pipes and fuel to steam engine

Kotja

Yes and no, logistic pipes have no way of telling how much of an item is inside an engine and will keep trying to input an item when filled with items and the items will pop out onto the ground. You can build a slightly elaborate system using redstone signals but frankly....

Applied Energistics has the ME Export Bus that when attached directly to the engine will export items in an ME system to the engine until full.

Yes and no, logistic pipes have no way of telling how much of an item is inside an engine and will keep trying to input an item when filled with items and the items will pop out onto the ground. You can build a slightly elaborate system using redstone signals but frankly....

Applied Energistics has the ME Export Bus that when attached directly to the engine will export items in an ME system to the engine until full.

LP Supplier Pipe can keep an exact quantity stocked in an adjacent inventory. Nothing pops out at all.

Set the Supplier Pipe to keep a stack of coal in each steam engine.

hopper connected to the steamengine and have the pipe connected to the hopper, control it with gates. Set the gate to send a red pipewire signal when it detects the hopper is empty. At the storage chest ad a autarchic gate that pulls when it gets the red pipewire signal. Bulletproof and cheap.