Hexxit - CraftHeraldry (ID Conflict help needed)

Tyrranis

So, after posting on the Minecraftforums.net about ideas for mods which would help with fortress decoration, I was told to look into a mod called CraftHeraldry.

Now, I've tried to install it into my Hexxit pack, but it would appear that doing so prevents Minecraft from loading properly, and after looking into the log files, it's due to an ID conflict.

I'm not that good at installing Minecraft mods, so fixing a conflict is somewhat of a new experience to me. If anyone else has added this mod to their Hexxit install, or know of some way to check what IDs are not taken so that I don't have to trial-and-error to fix this, it'd be appreciated.

It tells you in the log which ID (or slot) is taken. Also, it should have part of the mod name in the same line. (Something like: slot 700 already in use by somemod.someitemfromsaidmod)

Go into the config folder, find the config for craftheraldry, and change the occupied id to something else, repeat until it stops crashing.

Note: if it is items only that is causing you grief, you can hop into default hexxit and search random numbers in NEI (if you have id's turned on) and see which are taken.

Note: if it is items only that is causing you grief, you can hop into default hexxit and search random numbers in NEI (if you have id's turned on) and see which are taken.

I was hoping to avoid the trial-and-error method you mentioned before, and this might work.

EDIT: Quick question. What's the biggest ID value recognised by Hexxit?