require tips for assembly chamber and auto crafting

mrcavallol

hello,

i have finally set up an assembly chamber and have tested auto crafting simple recipies that are usually created on a crafting table - no problems there.

i am however stuck on how to create items requiring export to a furnace such as glass. i have encoded a pattern using sand -> glass. when i put this in the chamber it does have a red background - i am assuing this means it doesnt recognise it as a normal ME crafting recipe.

i then have an ME interface that is connected to the input side of the furnace. the furnace has an input bus on the output side, going back to network.

i have tested to see if the import side of it works by manually placing sand in the furnace. sure enough, after it's cooked, the glass goes directly into the network.

just wondering how can i automate this from the actual terminal?

thanks.

Actually I did away with interfaces as they were too slow for me. What I do instead is set up a series of machines and then attach export buses to them set to activate on redstone. Then I use level emitters set to activate when inventory of an item drops below x amount. Then the machine simply prepares said item and voila, constant stock with no need to wait. Well, unless I want a TON of something I suppose but I set my stock values pretty high depending on the item. Stone for example is set to cook more whenever I drop below 100K.

Thermal Expansions machines are fantastic for this since their input/output sides are totally configurable. I've found this is an absolute must if you want to do this for stuff that requires induction smelters. Interfaces don't work terribly well with machines that require two ingredients as they can tend to fill both slots with one type of item.

yeah, it can be complicated, but it can also work REALLY well. I've started over since my 1.1.6 setup so my AE network isn't quite finished, but I'll share some images of what Digdug is talking about

Also, Toki makes a good point about having dedicated devices (like an Induction Smelter with one input perpetually filled with sand); I just enjoy the mental challenge of organizing it all into a subnetwork, especially for the more varied recipes, like Hardened Glass, Electrum, Nether Brick, Invar, etc.

images here: http://imgur.com/a/yAKrO#0

actually digdug, you can have the interface on a smelter with only one ingredient and an export bus for the more common ingredient eg sand, slag, silver, copper etc, and have the interface have a recipie that only inputs the rarer of the two ingredients and it works perfectly.

I never thought of it that way but I like my method better :)

How are you turning off your machines after they switch on? I have a setup for my automated farms that involves two (or more, even numbers) level emitters and a Programmable RedNet Controller in RS-Flop mode (A set/reset toggle basically). The two emitters are configured for the same item, one emitting once the count falls below the amount and the other emitting once the count raises above the amount. Their output is connected via RedNet Cable on different channels to the PRC's set and reset inputs and a second RedNet Cable used to activate an energy tesserect that connects the machines to power when activated by the PRC.

Remember you can use diamond pipes to sort and hoppers to buffer for cases like the induction smelter.

Say for hardened glass and electrum. You have a pipe that sends lead and silver out on direction to a hopper, and pulverized obsidian and gold to another hopper. Each hopper connects to a side that inputs only to one of the input slots.

That way you could queue up 5 stacks without overflowing. And if you really need more buffer you can toss a chest ontop of the hoppers and sort into those.

I use AE throughout so there's no need for pipes or Rednet stuff. The export buses just shift stacks of items to their respective machines and then stop once the emitters sense their items have risen above x amount. I'm not doing this specifically for crafting, but for storage as well. Since all common materials are kept in DSU's (misc. stuff are in an ME drive loaded with 64k cells) I have no fear of running out of room.