ME - items building up in machine inputs

mrcavallol

hello. i have created a network that auto smelters ores and dust rather than storig them.

i prefer to pulverize what i need when making something like hardened glass. so i have set it to pulverize obsidian and lead, then smelt these to create hardened glass.

i thought this was workig great until i looked in the induction smelter to find that i always had an excess of one of the dust items - therefore not freeing the machine up for other recipies.

is there a simple way to control this? i am trying not to use any pipes in my network. it seems the network gets confused as to how many items it needs to pulverize. it would be great to be able to flush out any excess input items, but i dont see how this is possible.

thanks.

Had this problem too. Happens to me when more than 1 stack of resources is requested to make the pattern. I ended up setting up 5 induction smelters with the ME interface on one input colour, then setting an export bus on the other colour. The patterns were tweaked so AE only uses the missing resource to make the pattern and the export bus keeps the other resource stocked. As there is only 5 recipes that have to use the induction smelter (hardened glass, electrum, bronze, invar, and turning rotten flesh into leather), this was the easiest solution.

I actually just prefer to keep a set amount of materials on hand so that my MAC doesn't have to wait for processing to be finished. In my case it's just a matter of replacing the interface with a second export bus and then adding level emitters to both buses set to go off when a material drops below a certain amount. Then have the buses set to activate on redstone and move single items and you're set.

Take the recipe for Hardened Glass. Instead of the pattern of 2 pulverized obsidian and 1 lead equaling 2 hardened glass, my pattern is 2 pulverized obsidian equaling 2 hardened glass due to the induction smelter already being preloaded with a stack of lead.

Take the recipe for Hardened Glass. Instead of the pattern of 2 pulverized obsidian and 1 lead equaling 2 hardened glass, my pattern is 2 pulverized obsidian equaling 2 hardened glass due to the induction smelter already being preloaded with a stack of lead.

Yeah this is the same solution I came up with to the jammed Induction Smelter issue. Sucks to need dedicated machines for single recipes but I'm not sure how else to do it.