Platform needs jar mod support

TwoTails

I'm trying to update a modpack and I wanted to add a mod that changes the original classes and only comes in jar mod form, so I would need to do this for it to work with the new forge:

0owc1qvoun1g3q6fg.jpg

but, on the technic platform launcher, there is nothing of the sorts in the options:

a7srn2bogm5j40yfg.jpg

so, I wouldn't be able to use said mod, so can someone add the DFML patch to the launcher by default so no one will have to worry about what mods they add?

modpack.jar..... Try doing some real research next time.

thats not what I meant. I have 3 working auto-download packs.

what I meant was that when you put files from mods that edit Minecraft's default fuctions, like the mo' villages, menu-util or older optifine and TMI versions will crash the game for Invaild minecraft.jar and then it says:

[sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] There is a binary discrepency between the expected input class (class name here) and the actual class. Checksum on disk is (default class Checksum), in patch (Modded class Checksum). Things are probably about to go very wrong. Did you put something into the jar file?

[sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The game is going to exit, because this is a critical error, and it is very improbable that the modded game will work, please obtain clean jar files.

Anything that would go into minecraft.jar goes into modpack.jar. That includes the things you mentioned. Since you didn't actually specify, did you try that already, and did it produce the error you're talking about?

yes it did. try it your self, and what happened to me will happen.

need prof?

jm5w8ybuwdlnkdxfg.jpg

^ me trying to install optifine into the pack

6cfp29lpdpb172dfg.jpg

^ mo' villages

yes it did. try it your self, and what happened to me will happen.

need prof?

jm5w8ybuwdlnkdxfg.jpg

^ me trying to install optifine into the pack

6cfp29lpdpb172dfg.jpg

^ mo' villages

^^^^^

All of that is caused by the guys over at forge added some (what would something like this be called? DRM? DRM will do....) DRM to the forge that makes minecraft crash if any edits are made to the (forge and minecraft version).jar, witch, on the Technic launcher is the modpack.jar

these codes:" -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" will tell Forge to ignore any edits to the (forge and minecraft version).jar and Launch the game no-mater what. but, as seen above you need to put it in the JVM Arguments, witch you can't do on the Technic launcher.

the old launcher actually allowed arguments like that to be passed along to minecraft when launched. that feature is going to be coming back in the new launcher soon. when that happens, just launch the launcher with those args and it will work. until then, there's not much you can do.

there probably won't be a UI for it, as this is a pretty advanced feature and only really used by a handful of people who generally know what they're doing.

the old launcher actually allowed arguments like that to be passed along to minecraft when launched. that feature is going to be coming back in the new launcher soon. when that happens, just launch the launcher with those args and it will work. until then, there's not much you can do.

there probably won't be a UI for it, as this is a pretty advanced feature and only really used by a handful of people who generally know what they're doing.

knowing that in a later update this won't be a problem is good.

but, what I was asking was if the launcher would use those forge codes when ever a modpack is launched. meh, good enough.

knowing that in a later update this won't be a problem is good.

but, what I was asking was if the launcher would use those forge codes when ever a modpack is launched. meh, good enough.

I have no idea if there will be some way to set the arguments passed in automatically through the platform/solder. my guess would be no, but anything is possible I suppose.

I have no idea if there will be some way to set the arguments passed in automatically through the platform/solder. my guess would be no, but anything is possible I suppose.

well, what I was saying was than when a modpack is loaded to tell the JVM that Minecraft is using to add

" -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" after "-Xmx(number of GBs)G" because thats what you do in the default launcher to make forge launch no-mater what.

This feature would be great yes, but another alternative would be to tell the modder of what ever mod you want to use the "proper" method of modding instead of hacking into the minecraft code and requiring installing via the jar. Because using the "mods" folder is so much easier than having to edit the jar to add a mod.

This feature would be great yes, but another alternative would be to tell the modder of what ever mod you want to use the "proper" method of modding instead of hacking into the minecraft code and requiring installing via the jar. Because using the "mods" folder is so much easier than having to edit the jar to add a mod.

yes that is true, but some people don't like being told or even just asked to do it differntly or have a reason to have their mod like this were it has to be a .jar mod. like the fact that they have been doing it without a modloader to do the work and they just moded the default files.

well, what I was saying was than when a modpack is loaded to tell the JVM that Minecraft is using to add

" -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" after "-Xmx(number of GBs)G" because thats what you do in the default launcher to make forge launch no-mater what.

that is exactly what I'm talking about. no idea if that will be implemented, but I wouldn't count on it.