Tinker's Construct problem

Math_ap_Mathonwy

I am new to Hexxit and I'm trying to get the hang of creating tools and weapons. It looks like the version of Tinker's construct in Hexxit is 1.4 (which is old) and the various videos and instruction books (included in the game) are out of date or are for newer versions. It seems I can't make a tool without already having the part I need and making a cast, but there are parts I can't find - such as the tool rod and broad head shovel. The paper stencils don't seem to do anything. How do I make the tool handle/rod?

You'll be able to create all the parts except one which can only be found in village chests. You don't use the stencil table to create molds for the smeltery. You create wooden (or any material really) versions of the part, place the part into the casting table (just right click when the table is empty) and pour molten gold or the aluminum alloy over it to create a cast. The only cast that can be created on the stencil table is the ingot cast.

The problem I'm running into is putting a blank piece of aluminum brass in the stencil table does nothing. I've seen videos where the shapes appear in the alunimum brass just as they do in the paper stencils, but they don't for me. Do I have a different version or am I do something wrong with that stencil table? The only way I've been able to make aluminum brass stencils is with an actual tool part on the table of the smelter.

I made a great discovery! You don't actually have to go hunting through the villages for parts. I finally found a video where a guy shows how to make the parts you need for creating the casting stencils. You can use the wood stencils to make COBBLE tool parts, then use the cobble tool parts to create the aluminimun brass stencils! He makes some errors in the beginning of the video but it does show the whole process evenutally:

I made a great discovery! You don't actually have to go hunting through the villages for parts. I finally found a video where a guy shows how to make the parts you need for creating the casting stencils. You can use the wood stencils to make COBBLE tool parts, then use the cobble tool parts to create the aluminimun brass stencils! He makes some errors in the beginning of the video but it does show the whole process evenutally:

That's kinda the exact same thing phazeonphoenix said in his first reply... Only that he used wood as an example.