Building Question

Andy Miller

I am planning out a galacticraft space ship launch pad and I would like to build it underground and of course cover it up on the surface. I would like to use MFFS to make a field that is camo'd like grass over the launch pad.

My question is will the field let the ship and myself pass or will I explode into a million pieces and regret all my life decisions (particularly the design plan).

Thank you for any help on this.

Hey I can speak from experience on this one! You won't explode, but you won't get past the field either. The rocket will simply stop at the field like it was a ceiling. When I tried it I had to get out of the rocket, turn off the field, and the rocket continued without me. Don't remember if I ever tracked it down or not.

Neowulf, I never heard of this, but sure enough it is part of the 1.1.0 pack. I am very behind the times. Umm, care to share what kind of script/program needs to be made for that?

Phoenix, that sounds like a good idea too. Would you just have it hooked up to a ton of repeaters with delayed time?

Another idea I had is can the MFFS remote control be used to turn off while in the ship and then on while in launch?

Just keeping my options open.

Neowulf, I never heard of this, but sure enough it is part of the 1.1.0 pack. I am very behind the times. Umm, care to share what kind of script/program needs to be made for that?

OpenCCSensors has been in tekkit since tekkit lite I believe. Definitely part of the entire range of MC1.5.x tekkit versions.

As for code, http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=OpenCCSensors

The example at the bottom is exactly what you want. Trigger the forcefield projector on/off with a redstone signal based on player proximity and have the sensor near the roof of your launch tube.

For bonus points you can alter it to check the target name and y position and only trigger for certain players in sensor range under a certain height. That way it doesn't open for random players walking ontop of your field.

Computercraft is just as secure as anything in minecraft can be, you just have to figure out how to not do things like a basic computer that controls your front door by waiting for a plain text password and outputting a redstone signal when it matches.