What is it with these damn pirates?

Anormalcat

• Moderators

Pirates stink. Everyone knows that. Try tossing them a soap or two. And a brush.

A soft one...

As for config: I dont think that mod (better dungeons, correct?) has a config for mob-AI attack behavior. The only solution would be

a) ignore them and their ships or

B) burn them from afar...

I would still give them the benefit of the doubt and give those poor stinking sods some soap.

Pirates stink. Everyone knows that. Try tossing them a soap or two. And a brush.

A soft one...

As for config: I dont think that mod (better dungeons, correct?) has a config for mob-AI attack behavior. The only solution would be

a) ignore them and their ships or

B) burn them from afar...

I would still give them the benefit of the doubt and give those poor stinking sods some soap.

Meh, Whenever i'm struck by a pirate, It inflicts the nausea effect and i think that's pretty damn stupid, Pirate ships are a big enough pain

• Moderators

STOP THE SWEARING!

What the fudge...

Firey armour doesn't prevent nausea. And 5-6 pirates could still kill you with the armour on, which was OP's concern. Melee can be difficult when your sight is groggy

Edit. Crazy, if the forum gives you an error, just click Refresh on the page. It usually does receive your post, no need to double post

What the fudge...

Firey armour doesn't prevent nausea. And 5-6 pirates could still kill you with the armour on, which was OP's concern. Melee can be difficult when your sight is groggy

Edit. Crazy, if the forum gives you an error, just click Refresh on the page. It usually does receive your post, no need to double post

I'd be all for it if there were a relatively easy to acquire item that stops nausea, Either that or if pirates didn't give you nausea for no reason

Thats not preventive, and every strike inflicts nausea + it takes time to drink + occupies space that can be used for treasure

I'd install ICBM just for the antidotes. They're stackable, reasonably easy to make, easy to scarf down quickly, and as far as I can see, are the only real in-game solution for this.

If I get enough time to, (and I'm talking on the time-frame of maybe in a month or three when I say this), I might try making a solution to this as my first mod ever. It seems like it would be simple enough to do once I got all of the logistics of using forge and such out of the way, and it would be a good learning experience.

• 5 months later...

What the fudge...

I couldn't help it but double-post. Dish lag...

• 3 months later...

Oh, I think the Nausea from the Pirates is supposed to be a deadly disease called Scurvy that sailors used to get in around about Tudor times.

Scurvy is a nutritional (Vitamin C) deficiency. Not a contagion.

And it's still a horrible effect. Immersion is one thing, but making me (the player) nauseated just because I got hit with the status effect in-game is crossing the line. :P