Feeding Mag Engines WITHOUT Pumps.

NightFire661

Do you mean no nether at all? Because I don't think even a Lava Fab at 20kMJ/bucket is going to get you a net gain in MJ. The only way I know of is to use Netherrack in the Magma Crucible at a cost of 12kMJ/bucket of lava. If a Lava Fab would actually work, you'd be looking at a perpetual power generator requiring not much in the way of setup and absolutely no maintenance (nice, but I'm doubting it would be intentionally configured that way).

First off, a magmatic engines in Tekkit 1.1.10 (just tested them in SSP Creative) produces 17952 MJ per bucket of lava, wheter they feed into energyconduits or machines directly.

(BoL = Bucket of Lava)

Here are the options to make Lava without pumps:

Lava Fab: Uses 20KMJ/bucket, so its a no go. (1 BoL -> ME -> LF = 0.880 BoL + 352 Mj leftovers)

Magma Crucible:

Stone, Cobble, Obsidian: Takes 24KMJ for one BoL, works even worse tahn the Lava Fab.

Netherrack: 12 KMJ per BoL, makes a solid 5 KMJ profit but requires manual Labor to resupply the Netherrack.

Blaze Rods: 4 rods use 8KMJ to turn into 1 BoL, 10KMJ Profit its quite nice but thats only if they farm them manualy and that be crazy to farm a decent amount of them. Using MFR Autospawners and Grinders (maybe even portaspawners to move vanialla blaze spanwers) to automate it turned will works when built correctly and on a large scale... but won't generate much power aside what it takes to keep the whole thing running.

My fazit is:

If you can't pump from the nether or from mystcraft ages stick with netherrack. If you can't get into the nether at all or don't like that you have to make runs into the nether to restock on netherack you'll need to switch over to another energy supply. In that case I'd suggest bio fuel as I prefer that thought using nuclear power works too (fusion can be automated completly).

1 magma crucible, being fed netherrack, will eventually build up enough lava to run, at max, 16 magmatic engines. To start out, you won't be able to hook up more then 10 until it has completely caught up with lava production, where the cruicible, pipes, and engines are all full of lava.(could take a few hours) Then adding 2 at a time and letting it catch up, you can work it up to 16. 15 is more stable though and easier to setup a nice cluster of engines. 15 nets you about 25 MJ/tick, to use elsewhere, once everything is full of lava. 16 nets you a little more, but not consistently.

Drawback. Requires a steady supply of netherrack to keep running. If it ever runs out, it takes a while to get it back up to full power again. And several stacks of netherrack.

First off, a magmatic engines in Tekkit 1.1.10 (just tested them in SSP Creative) produces 17952 MJ per bucket of lava, wheter they feed into energyconduits or machines directly.

(BoL = Bucket of Lava)

Here are the options to make Lava without pumps:

Lava Fab: Uses 20KMJ/bucket, so its a no go. (1 BoL -> ME -> LF = 0.880 BoL + 352 Mj leftovers)

Magma Crucible:

Stone, Cobble, Obsidian: Takes 24KMJ for one BoL, works even worse tahn the Lava Fab.

Netherrack: 12 KMJ per BoL, makes a solid 5 KMJ profit but requires manual Labor to resupply the Netherrack.

Blaze Rods: 4 rods use 8KMJ to turn into 1 BoL, 10KMJ Profit its quite nice but thats only if they farm them manualy and that be crazy to farm a decent amount of them. Using MFR Autospawners and Grinders (maybe even portaspawners to move vanialla blaze spanwers) to automate it turned will works when built correctly and on a large scale... but won't generate much power aside what it takes to keep the whole thing running.

My fazit is:

If you can't pump from the nether or from mystcraft ages stick with netherrack. If you can't get into the nether at all or don't like that you have to make runs into the nether to restock on netherack you'll need to switch over to another energy supply. In that case I'd suggest bio fuel as I prefer that thought using nuclear power works too (fusion can be automated completly).

Actually with a decent amount of porta spawners, and a legendary Slime, you can get infinite blaze rods. Have over 10k at the moment, so I'll try using that method.

Actually with a decent amount of porta spawners, and a legendary Slime, you can get infinite blaze rods. Have over 10k at the moment, so I'll try using that method.

The infinite Blaze Rods weren't the problem =)

My autospanwer/grinder setup for Slimes and Blaze together with the magma crucibles just drained tons of power. However, I used my standard spawn room setup so there should be room for improvment to make it more energy efficient. Hope you will be sucessfull in making a usefull design ;-)

The infinite Blaze Rods weren't the problem =)

My autospanwer/grinder setup for Slimes and Blaze together with the magma crucibles just drained tons of power. However, I used my standard spawn room setup so there should be room for improvment to make it more energy efficient. Hope you will be sucessfull in making a usefull design ;-)

Give or take a few weeks I'll see what i can come up with!