Oil stops flowing when I'm not around

Ultermarto

I've got a setup where I'm pumping oil to my base from quite far away. I originally set up a long pipe-line, which took a lot of effort/cactus, but the oil stopped flowing whenever I wasn't around. When I traveled back to my pump to look or the problem, I noticed that the oil didn't load for about 10 seconds whilst I was staring at it.

So then I used teleportation pipes. I have a dimensional anchor keeping the pump loaded, too, and yet I'm getting exactly the same problem. When I get back to my base, I find that the oil has stopped pumping. But when I'm waiting at the pump, it works fine. This means to get oil into my base I have to travel across the damn map twice a day. I thought these dimensional anchors were supposed to keep chunks loaded?

I've got a setup where I'm pumping oil to my base from quite far away. I originally set up a long pipe-line, which took a lot of effort/cactus, but the oil stopped flowing whenever I wasn't around. When I traveled back to my pump to look or the problem, I noticed that the oil didn't load for about 10 seconds whilst I was staring at it.

So then I used teleportation pipes. I have a dimensional anchor keeping the pump loaded, too, and yet I'm getting exactly the same problem. When I get back to my base, I find that the oil has stopped pumping. But when I'm waiting at the pump, it works fine. This means to get oil into my base I have to travel across the damn map twice a day. I thought these dimensional anchors were supposed to keep chunks loaded?

That worked exactly fine for me. A BC pump should operate continuously in the presence of a dimensional anchor.

The only guess I can think of is that perhaps you have the dimensional anchor set to only one chunk and your anchor and pump are on different chunks? You could turn on the chunk grid on the mini map to check. I would also try to put a dimensional anchor at your base too.

Just some thoughts...

Also might be an issue with the oil well(not the pump and engines, but the cavity containing the oil) it's self is extending beyond the chunk you have loaded. This might be playing tricks on your pump causing it to see flowing oil, but not the oil source blocks that are causing them, when your not close enough to load those chunks outside the dimensional anchor. it's only speculation.