Everytime I download the Technic Launcher, it says that I have to downgrade to Java SE 6.

Nate Standard

Question

Launcher Version: The Latest One

Operating System: Mac OS X Version 10.8.5

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program: n/a

Description of Problem:

When I open the Technic Launcher, it says that I need to install Java SE 6, when I have Java 7. I think it's a big problem, because your Technic Launcher Download Page says it uses Java, but not what version. If you could upgrade the Technic Launcher to Java 7, or fix this bug, that'd be great! :)

Error Messages:

"To open JavaApplication, you need a Java SE 6 runtime. Would you like to install one now?"

Error Log:

n/a

11 answers to this question

• Moderators

You're a bit confusing... the launcher doesn't exactly "use" java. The launcher connects to the game. Minecraft is built around java, the error that you get comes from the game.

Did you try downloading java 6 yet? I would like to know if that fixes your problem

You're a bit confusing... the launcher doesn't exactly "use" java. The launcher connects to the game. Minecraft is built around java, the error that you get comes from the game.

Did you try downloading java 6 yet? I would like to know if that fixes your problem

Working on it. On another note, this same thing also happens with the ATLauncher, and the Asterion Launcher. So I think it is a Java error.