When new players join, they can't mine or open chests.

aizenstarcraft

Hi so I have this minecraft server aizenhexxit.etowns.net:666

If you login you will be able to see that only /op players can do anything.

If you are not op you cant mine or open anything..I don't get how this is happening? I Have essentials mod..but it did it before aswell. Only after I op someone can they do anything.

I'm guessing you have the spawn protection radius set fairly large. Most of the time, no one except OPs can mess with the terrain or do anything around spawn. Has anyone tried moving out a ways and mining, etc.? Also, see your server thread and provide an answer, please.

most likely its set default players to be under privileged, you will need to set up an Essentials YML to change the default player to actually do something. I needed to do this for my server long ago. google is your friend ;)

I tried changing the permissions txt's in forge essentials permissions folder. I gave the default group guests all the same powers as the owner except for obvious ones like ban kick make op n all the one that would break the game if someone stupid had it. But unfortunetly it still will not let anyone who is no an OP do anything at all. So I have decided to give up on forge essentials and have a whitelisted vanilla server instead.

perhaps it was an error with the file, install or even just overlooked the fact that players may spawn in as adventure mode. sorry i couldn't help, maybe if you ever want to give it a try, you can send me the file and i can look it over.