What do i build in tekkit?

mabpwnu

Iknow that sounds stupid, im somewhat new to tekkit. I have been building normal stuff and the only thing "complex" i have built is a quarry system with engines and water cooling. My question is, what do i build in tekkit? How do i explore the things tekkit offeres? Is there a beginners guide on what i should be aiming for? i know tekkit has a ton of mods that give a ton of items to build. im just lost :P

Iknow that sounds stupid, im somewhat new to tekkit. I have been building normal stuff and the only thing "complex" i have built is a quarry system with engines and water cooling. My question is, what do i build in tekkit? How do i explore the things tekkit offeres? Is there a beginners guide on what i should be aiming for? i know tekkit has a ton of mods that give a ton of items to build. im just lost :P

I always recommend people check out thermal expansion if they are new to the pack. Thermal expansion provides many kool utility machines.

The pulverizer lets you double the ingots you get from ore,

The induction smelter which can make hardened glass and even give three ingots per ore once you get some rich slag.

You can make lava and ice with some machines. Thermal expansion even adds power storage and engines or dynamos to make power.

Build this:

This is a picture of my spacestation, I mean seriously anything cooler then this?

2013-12-21_10.15.02.png

:P

But seriously. Try to set up a factory using Thermal Expansion. Sort out your inventory space and such with Logistics Pipes and/or Applied Energistics. Make a Modular PowerSuit (read: become Iron man!)! Lots of stuff to do. Just watch some ytubers.

ok awesome! yea im just lost because i see these machines and im like what do they do haha. il read up on thermal expansion and the other stuff you mentioned :)

yeah best bet would be to search out some 'tekkit lets plays' on youtube. I like Gaming on Caffeine but he halted making new episodes due to atomic science kinda fouling up in the new 1.2.5 version. But he had many many episodes in the 1.1.10 version, went to space and came back and all that jazz.