Out of sync

jjplay175

Hi I tried playing this with my gf and she just goes soo badly out of sync its unbelievable...

We both played MC for like 30min and 0 issues and then we switched to tekkit and as soon as she spawned she was going behind madly, taking like 10 seconds for me to see her, Is there a way to reduce the bandwidth usage of tekkit or is something else causing this?

We play starbound, Vanilla MC and tons of other games online and it works fine but Tekkit just doesn't work... It was a completely new world so no machine or anything going on

=============

I duno where to place this, it's not an actual bug that i know of but if anyone can help it would be nice

I'm running it on 64bit java with 4gb ram, have a 8core amd FX 3.1Ghz cpu and amd rad 7800 2gb

your pc only has 4 gb ram? that would be why, I have a laptop at home with those stats and tekkit is unplayable. it is resource intensive. even with 1 GB dedicated to tekkit alone the game is laggy

more ram will fix your problem

Sorry if you misunderstood, My computer has 12gb ram in it and i'm giving the server 4gb, don't see why it would need more than that? especially on a fresh world

it really feels like it's an internet issue, there is like a 10 second delay, she tells me when she jumps and then I don't see it for ages, That being said My port forwarding on my router doesn't work so i've been using hamachi to do it, Normally on other games i don't have an issue, could there be a cause there? Like i said we played vanilla without a single problem so why would it jump up internet usage by that much

Sorry for taking a while to reply but the website went down for maintenance and they removed the login with facebook, so had to recover and etc etc

Anyway my gf can play single player fine, She went into a single player game and it works 100% fine for her and it works 100% fine for me, When on server i don't seem to have lag it's just her, i can hit things, build things and etc etc, if i use my hamatchi IP to connect to my server i get the same lag as her

So why is it vanilla works but Tekkit lags badly? I assume it must be internet since my server doesn't lag on my internal ip?

Okay the problem seems to be solved, The issue is when she spawned in the Spawn protection 16* radius, i can't see her move in the spawn protected area, Didn't try to move her out of it to see if it works once she leaves But i set it to 0 and now it's working
============

But i am on the latest Tekkit server and the actual server is a little laggy... The cmd.exe is running fine and smooth but the actual server that is open just typing in the console has a delay and lags really bad... I've not had an issue when i had a server months ago but now it's running really bad

Does the Tekkit.jar not work well with 64bit java?

+=============
My server is saying "Can't keep up!" But there is 0 people on the server and its a fresh world and fresh server

*Fixed*

Changed the bat to nogui and it fixed the lag issue so... GUI was making everything lag

this is the batch file have been running tekkit (mcpc+) for a long time with little issue

START "MINECRAFT-TEKKIT" /ABOVENORMAL /B java -server -Xincgc -Xmx6G -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar Minecraft_server.jar nogui