Starting a world.

NuclearMooseMCP

Alright everybody, I'm here with a question about the new Attack of the B-Team modpack, as most of us are. Here is what has been plaguing my experience ever since the download became public.

I can download and install the pack perfectly fine, the same with any other pack. I even added optifine to my pack. (This is not the problem, tested with and without optifine). Though as soon as I started a world, my game lags out immensly during world generation (Creative mode) and the world only barely begins to load. It then stops loading after a while and I have to manual shut down the client. I'm thinking this is because my computer is outdated and can't handle generating the world, and that if I played on a server where I didn't have the map on my PC it would be solved. If anyone has a public server I could try joining, that'd be great, because my friend and I will be getting our own soon, and I don't want to have to wait until everything is set up for us to begin streaming to figure out I can't run the pack.

Thanks for reading and thanks for all answers in advance!

check your ram configuration in the launcher (2 gig is pretty much perfect for a pack this size) and make sure if you are tight on ram that you don't have boatloads of stuff running in the background like steam, msword, firefox, norton, etc.

this pack is not as hefty as some, but some of the mods eat a lot of memory.

also, going into configuration for biomes o plenty and disabling it in default worlds will help a lot... BoP is a pretty good mod, but on older machines it's worldgen is a nightmare.

Alright so here is an update.

My computer is running a 32-bit system of Java, so 1 gig is the most I can go, and that is what I'm using. I also tried turning off the biomes o' plenty terrain generation and I got the same problem when loading a world.

Here's the interesting bit (and the most important). I put in the address of one of the servers in the server section of the forums, and hey I logged in! But as soon as I logged in, my game crashed extremely fast and brought me back to the technic launcher. I looked into the forgemodloader-0 thing and this is what it said in the last 5 lines:

Attempt to send packet to all in dimension without a server instance available

• Moderators

Are you sure 32-bit java can run past 1 gig? I hovered over the selection for that and it said "Your computer has more than 1.5 gigs of ram available, but you must use 64-bit java to use it. what would happen if I put 64-bit java onto my PC?

That depends what bits your OS is. If your OS is 64-bit, you can allocate more RAM if you have more

If your OS is 32-bit it wont change a thing

• Moderators

It can't. 32-bit OS stops the launcher from using beyond 1gig.

There are three things that govern RAM allowance to the launcher

OS, being the train

Java, being the train driver

RAM, being the tracks

A silly comparison, but I think it sums it up nicely

• Moderators

I use 64 OS and java and cant play this pack due to horrible lag and stuttering. I even installed Optifine and set all settings off or low, still lags

I blame the way MC is coded. And my poor laptop being trampled...

Hi, I'm new, sooo, my problem is that whenerver I go onto a world or when I created it, when I was about to spawn in, my game said "Minecraft has run out of memory" and a bunch of other stuff like they tried to clear up enough space for me to keep playing, but of course when i go back on the world, it does the same thing. Please help.

• Moderators

Also, how do you make more RAM space, im gonna try and figure that out, but still please someone tell me

The Cog-Wheel button on the right top corner on your launcher window, click it.

You can only allow more RAM to the game depending on your OS and java bits (32 restricts to max 1gig, 64 does not restrict) and of course how much RAM you have on your PC.

Please read the >forum rules in the future, double posting is frowned by moderators

Edited by Munaus