Server problems! I can play on the server but no one else can.

ewan223

Pretty much everything seems fine. Even the guy I'm living with can invite people to his server and I can connect to it fine as well. But when I try to invite people to my server. No one can join because they can't connect. Even though I can connect perfectly. Any ideas what the problem is?

Pretty much everything seems fine. Even the guy I'm living with can invite people to his server and I can connect to it fine as well. But when I try to invite people to my server. No one can join because they can't connect. Even though I can connect perfectly. Any ideas what the problem is?

Did you port forward the port you're trying to use through your router? Are you giving people your external IP and not your internal IP? Do you know how to check your computer and router settings to ensure people can access your server? And do you know how to configure your server?

Did you port forward the port you're trying to use through your router? Are you giving people your external IP and not your internal IP? Do you know how to check your computer and router settings to ensure people can access your server? And do you know how to configure your server?

Ewan223 can connect to his tekkit server just fine, but his friends cannot connect. Did he...

A. Not forward the port

B. Give them the network IP and not the external IP

C. Fill his computer with cheese whiz

D. Both A and B.

I'm guessing the correct answer is D.

For the OP: Google "what is my IP" and give them that IP. You also have to forward the port in your server config. Google, port forwarding and your router brand.

i have come across this issue before, do you and your roommate both use the same router? even if you port forward and do all the other things the people above have mentioned, your router has a single external ip even with seperate computers... if his is the one that works then his computer is considered the main computer, u may not be able to setup a server because his is already using the external ip

i have come across this issue before, do you and your roommate both use the same router? even if you port forward and do all the other things the people above have mentioned, your router has a single external ip even with seperate computers... if his is the one that works then his computer is considered the main computer, u may not be able to setup a server because his is already using the external ip

If he's port forwarding port 25565 to his computer, all you'd have to do is port forward a different port and configure the server to listen in on that port.