Should a make a build AoTB-T server?

volderman

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should a make a building Attack of the B-Team server?

• Yes
    • No

Hello so lately I've been seeing a lot of Attack of the B-Team servers that are just PVP. Do you think it's a good idea if I make a server where it's pure build. Their would be greif prevention to protect your land and all you would do is build in peace and harmony. Their would also be no banned items and all mods would be enabled. You would be able to PVP if the other person agrees and their would be keep Inventory on. Do you think it's a good idea or should I just make a factions AoTB-T server?

i would prefer a server set up like the one youtubers have. when there is no grief protection or nothing but its whitelisted and its all based on the honor code. help each other out but dont fuck with each other. no witchting each other and shit unless u got like a friendly battle between each other or something. i want to play with others with no restrictions. im sure u can find like 10 people that are willing not to be dicks. i would love to join a server like this so if you make one make sure to contact me.

i would play on a small server like that and my way to get stuff i need but cant find is to trade someone who is in the same situation as me but we have what the other person needs

i would only witch in a friendly war and would try not to kill people

p.s. i live in the u.k.

We went with both ways.  Running a PvE and PvP version.  One with protections and block logging, the other with raiding/pvp and anything goes.

So far we have had very few issues with people utilizing the things that bypass, but we did have to ban quite a few things on the PvE to keep ourselves sane.

• 1 month later...

You can add (and have to add) specific info to make protection work with a lot of items.  A few have to be banned to be stopped completely because they don't respect world-protect because they interact with the world differently to standard, but anything that's not ranged can be dealt with guaranteed (you can control if an item can be used in protected areas at all, so only ranged stuff where there could be a block-type interaction can bypass that kind of thing - even then only if the explosion/interaction is unusual).

You can add (and have to add) specific info to make protection work with a lot of items.  A few have to be banned to be stopped completely because they don't respect world-protect because they interact with the world differently to standard, but anything that's not ranged can be dealt with guaranteed (you can control if an item can be used in protected areas at all, so only ranged stuff where there could be a block-type interaction can bypass that kind of thing - even then only if the explosion/interaction is unusual).

Ah, I'm not familiar with Creative servers, only play on PVP ones.

For long ranged griefing, Witchery seems the main problem there.

This is as a server op I mean - you need to add the item IDs in to programs like worldguard (many server ops just put it up and leave it which is why mod items usually get around those protections).  Creative mode users I'm not sure about (I haven't run a creative mode server in a long time and I'd be way out of date, but it should be similar with the exception that you'll need to add source blocks to the lists because people could just place pyrethium source blocks rather than need to use buckets and florbs, for example).

Witchery has all of its rites individually controllable so if there's an issue you can disable them - I guess the rite that makes desert would be one but it doesn't damage buildings (and you could counter it with your own rite so I don't see a problem with it).

If you notice something like this in future, whine to your server op and they'll fix it, or use it on someone else if it's that kind of server and let the other guy whine to the op. :)  That's what they're op for, after all.

This is as a server op I mean - you need to add the item IDs in to programs like worldguard (many server ops just put it up and leave it which is why mod items usually get around those protections).  Creative mode users I'm not sure about (I haven't run a creative mode server in a long time and I'd be way out of date, but it should be similar with the exception that you'll need to add source blocks to the lists because people could just place pyrethium source blocks rather than need to use buckets and florbs, for example).

Witchery has all of its rites individually controllable so if there's an issue you can disable them - I guess the rite that makes desert would be one but it doesn't damage buildings (and you could counter it with your own rite so I don't see a problem with it).

If you notice something like this in future, whine to your server op and they'll fix it, or use it on someone else if it's that kind of server and let the other guy whine to the op. :)  That's what they're op for, after all.

I was under the assumption that you meant making a certain area prohibit the use of the items, not outright banning them which I do know.

No you had it right - that's exactly what I meant - you can make certain items only usable by certain players in certain areas, but you need to set it up, it won't do it on its own.

You can also, if the worst comes to worst, ban items outright.  That's not really world protection though.

No you had it right - that's exactly what I meant - you can make certain items only usable by certain players in certain areas, but you need to set it up, it won't do it on its own.

You can also, if the worst comes to worst, ban items outright.  That's not really world protection though.

Huh, that seems like a protection only enabled with specific WorldGuard settings.

I normally play on Factions server and Factions only protects from Vanilla related damage.

Banning items is actually necessary for Factions unless you want rampant destruction of bases in about 10 seconds.

Factions does the same thing if configured right - the same way that the doors, trapdoors, dispensers & chests can't be accessed by default in enemy territory you can do with it for blocks and things, for items rather than placeables though you'll need another addon attaching to Factions (it's been a long time but I used ItemRules for that last time - as you say it's essential to stop excessive destruction of 'safe' chunks).