Only gives me 1gb to use?

maddenman2013

If the max is 1GB then you're not running 64-bit Java.  It could be that you also have 32-bit Java on the same system and you're inadvertently accessing that.  You might want to uninstall all Java and re-install only 32-bit just to be sure.  You should also make sure that the path is directed to that 64-bit Java install.

If the max is 1GB then you're not running 64-bit Java.  It could be that you also have 32-bit Java on the same system and you're inadvertently accessing that.  You might want to uninstall all Java and re-install only 32-bit just to be sure.  You should also make sure that the path is directed to that 64-bit Java install.

if he has the problem now that he has 1GB, and you are telling him to uninstall all java and only install a 32bit then the issue isn't solved yet, 

You need both, since most browsers (of most ppl with a 64bit system) are on 32 bit installed. So you need 32 for all the 32 programs and 64 in this case for more ram.

if he has the problem now that he has 1GB, and you are telling him to uninstall all java and only install a 32bit then the issue isn't solved yet, 

You need both, since most browsers (of most ppl with a 64bit system) are on 32 bit installed. So you need 32 for all the 32 programs and 64 in this case for more ram.

interesting -- I didn't know that about the 32-bit java; thanks for the correction.

interesting -- I didn't know that about the 32-bit java; thanks for the correction.

your welcome ;)

Sometimes it will happen that a server or launcher does detect a wrong version of java. in this case you need to change the java path for the server or client. I know it can be done in the vanilla mc launcher with the profiles (untill today i have not found the option for Technic launcher) And for a server you need to change the launch.bat  into this:

C:WindowsSystem32java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui
pause

Since for me the java is there to be found. sometimes someone decides the default location is not good enough and they need to change it. then you also need to give the launch a path ;)

It easier for most people to just remove the 32bit version and upgrade their browser to 64bit if they really need to use web Java apps.

Personally I tend to stay away from using web Java apps, as they can be insecure.

Few people will need to have a 32bit java installed, usually people who have to use Java apps for their jobs.

Removing one of the versions, if you dont actually need it, will prevent confusions later on.

Edited by Kr0nZ

Kr0nz, almost all browsers commonly used are 32-bit only.  The only one I can think of that's in semi-common use is IE, but even that's a special version and it's a bit twitchy.  You can see if something's running in 32 or 64 bit in your processes tab in task manager (there's a *32 after the executable if it's 32-bit) to be certain, but the bottom line is that unless you've specifically gone and got a browser for 64-bit (like waterfox) or deliberately changed some settings from the default/got a special version (IE-64bit, Firefox 64-bit Alpha) then it'll be 32 bit and need 32 bit java.

Kr0nz, almost all browsers commonly used are 32-bit only.  The only one I can think of that's in semi-common use is IE, but even that's a special version and it's a bit twitchy.  You can see if something's running in 32 or 64 bit in your processes tab in task manager (there's a *32 after the executable if it's 32-bit) to be certain, but the bottom line is that unless you've specifically gone and got a browser for 64-bit (like waterfox) or deliberately changed some settings from the default/got a special version (IE-64bit, Firefox 64-bit Alpha) then it'll be 32 bit and need 32 bit java.

Sorry its been awhile since I've actually used a windows OS, I use Linux and pretty much every program I use comes in 64 bit

Ha, right, that's a good point - I hadn't thought of that :)  Yeah, in that case they can be a little harder to find but they're never much effort compared with the Windows equivalent.

I did assume he was using Windows without even thinking about it.