Autocrafting Iron Spikes only yields swords

Curunir

I will be needing a lot of Iron Spikes (from Extra Utilities) to top my perimeter fence, so I figured it might be a good idea to autocraft them with a cyclic assembler. I put the recipe together in a machinist's workbench to write the schematic, but the result would only be an iron sword. The schematic would write fine, and when used in the cyclic assembler, would indeed produce iron swords. This is a bit silly, considering the recipe takes three iron swords, three iron ingots and one block of iron. Apart from being the wrong item altogether, that is.

What might be causing this? I am using Tekkit 1.2.6b straight from the launcher without further tinkering, and the world has been generated in 1.2.6.

I am writing schematics with the machinist's workbench, to use with the cyclic assembler. As I said, the schematic writes fine, it is just the wrong result item (iron sword instead of iron spike), and the CA produces the wrong result just fine. This is the only recipe where this occurs.

Maybe just an item ID typo somewhere, but I have no idea whom to report the issue to. That is why I am asking on the forum.

To clarify, the very same recipe that produces 4 iron spikes on a vanilla crafting table produces 1 iron sword on a machinist's workbench. I thought the workbench was just an automation device and therefore should produce the exact same items the vanilla workbench does, given the same recipes.

Here is a picture of the problem. The result item should not be an iron sword, but 4 iron spikes, the item that can be seen in NEI in the top right corner of the screen.

machinists_workbench_iron_spike_error.jp

huh I didnt even know you can do that. I write the schematic in the cyclic assembler itself (i just turn off nei first) and yea it shows the sword for me too, my suggestion is to go to the mod website and post the bug there. the author may not even read these forums.

I went and found the link for you http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1776056-164forge-extra-utilities-v103a/

I was asking here because I was not sure whether Extra Utilities, Thermal Expansion, Tekkit itself or something entirely different was causing this. But thanks, I went and wrote about the issue on the Extra Utilities thread.

Sounds to me like a bug in Thermal Expansion. Maybe the code that allows you to automatically repair tools by putting two of them together is a bit too eager, always yielding an iron sword, regardless of what other items are present. Kind of like how a few Minecraft versions ago, writing "/stopEntities" would stop the server, if you get what I mean.

Edited by Teraku