Attack of the B-Team Server Setup on Mac [HELP]

Bresey

Hey so I'm trying to setup my own AOTBT server on my Mac, but I'm not sure what I need to fix. I've setup a vanilla server on my mac, so I have somewhat of an idea of setting it up, and have already forwarded my port.

One thing I noticed was that the 'launch.bat' file will not open saying that I dont have the proper application to open it.

If there's anyone that can help me with setting it up, or letting me know if it's even possible to setup on a mac, it would be much appreciated!

Try making a file called launch.sh in that folder with the following text in it;

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui

So you know what that does;
#!/bin/bash
Tells MacOS which script interpreter to use for the following lines (Bourne Again Shell)
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
Makes the script run in the current directory that you clicked it on in the MacOS GUI
exec java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui
This one's like the windows one essentially, it translates to;
Run the Java compiler with maximum allowed memory 3GB, start with 2GB allocated memory, open the BTeam.jar file and use the nogui argument on it (doesn't display the full server window, minecraft thing).

Then it should "Just Works"?

Yeah, call it launch.command instead if you just want to be able to click it, that's fine.  It should have the same thing in it as that launch.sh example I gave you (a .sh file is just a .command file that needs to be run from the console anyway).