Liquids and Pumps

FirenOh

Hi, just wanted to ask if there is a more efficient way to pump liquids, since the Aqueous Accumulator only absorbs water? Currently I am trying to automate my magmatic dynamo, but without Buildcraft this has proved quite problematic. 

hey FirenOh.

ok so to automate the production of lava and the transportation into your engines use and do the following......

1. Build one ingneous extruder and add 1 bucket lava and one bucket water, make sure its set to create cobblerstone. this will supply a infinate source of cobble.

2. Build 2 Magmatic Crucibles, connect them directly to the extruder.

3. Build fluiduct and phnumatic servos.

4. connect fluiduct to the crucibles and to a tank of your choosen, openblock tanks werk great for this, see screen shots below.

connect 1 fluiduct to any of the tanks and install a servo into the connection point, using a empty hand right click the pipe connector and set the redstone signal to always active.

5. install magmatic dynamos in the configuration of your choosing.

6. Run fluiduct to the engines from your newly created output on the storage tanks.

2014-03-08_144243_zpsb39b7813.png

2014-03-08_144255_zps8cb45775.png

I've been wanting to do this too, so cobblestone will turn into lava? Or am i missing something? I'm guessing youre saying if you add cobble to the crucible it will result in lava? Also, I've been having problems finding the right dynamo to power everything. I've tried them all but the reactant and the only one that works for me is the steam dynamo. I've added liquified coal and a coolant to the compression and it builds rF but as soon as i hook it up to my machines it just instantly goes to 0 rF and never rises. I've also tried hooking up 3 magmatic dynamos using liquid pyro and it builds rf and as soon as its hooked up to machines it disapears. Also tried it with lava. However, the steam dynamo is the only one creating rF and constantly. 

Uh, looking at the maths unless there's a bug this system should eventually run out of power - you loose power every time you do the conversions.

If you use a bucket of lava in the Magmatic Dynamo it generates 180K RF.

If you use the Magma Crucible to make a bucket of lava from cobble/stone/obsidian, it uses 240K RF.

So each time you generate lava to power the generator, you lose 60K RF.  That's no good - cobble isn't a good source of lava for this generator unless you're just looking to lose power.

There is are alternatives though - if you're using lava then instead of stone or cobblestone you can use netherrack.

If you use a bucket of lava in the Magmatic Dynamo it generates 180K RF.

If you use the Magma Crucible to make a bucket of lava from netherrack, it uses 120K RF.

If you use the Magma Crucible to make a bucket of lava from Blaze Rods, it uses 20K RF each, and takes 4 to make a bucket, 80K RF total.

So each time you generate power using netherrack as fuel you gain 60K RF.  That's not so bad, though the steam engine is looking pretty good.  Blaze rods are a bit better, as they make you 100K RF from each 4.

What I think those are really for though are blazing pyrothium.  2 redstone, 2 pulverized coal, 2 sulphur and 2 blaze powder produce 4 pyrotheum dust, which is enough to melt into a bucket full in the magma crucible.

Pulverising coal first;

2400 RF * 2 = 4800 RF

Pulverising a blaze rod is 1600RF, though each one makes 4 powder and we need two.

1600 RF / 2 = 800 RF

Sulfur is the limiting factor, though it's a regular accidental byproduct in the pulverizer (50% chance when making blaze powder even).

Redstone Dust needs no pulverizing.

Now we have 4 pyrotheum dust we need to melt down, 20,000 RF Each.

20000 RF * 4 = 80000

Now you have a bucket of Blazing Pryotheum.

If you use the Magma Crucible to make a bucket of Blazing Pyrotheum like this, it uses 85.6K RF.

If you use a bucket of lava in the Magmatic Dynamo it generates 1,000K RF (1 million RF).

So it's fiddlier and needs blaze rods, but you're up 914.4K RF per use (it doesn't generate faster, just runs a lot longer).

If I need lava, I tend to just grab a big portable tank and fill it up with buckets at the nether, though I usually use steam for power now.

yeah, I tried this out with 8 magmatic dynamos and it ran out of power...I just cant find any dynamo i like. The steam one seems the best to me i just hate getting coal. What have you guys been using to charge a resonant energy cell? I cant find anything that creates enough power to charge it at a decent rate. I had 8 magmatic dynamos charging it and they all ran out of power in seconds. I even had the max input at 80rf/t and they still ran out (that doesnt make sense does it?)

There is no problem with your dynamos -  your machines are just taking more energy than the dynamos are producing. If you left it long enough with no work to do, it'd fill up. It;s best sense to power energy cells with dynamos, then power everything from these, so as to build up a large buffer.

Magma crucibles take 200rf/t, so will easily completely empty a single dynamo, no matter how much fuel you give it.

I also recommend reactant dynamos -  some very long burn-times available with cheap resources.

Hey

I personally use the steam engine from minefactory reloaded (no fuel needed) but for realism I made it in a river.

A good alternative I found out: Use XP-bottles and the dynamo compression something engine. The engine is easy to craft (basically just lots of tin, you won't need pulverized ores)

You can get Xp-bottles very easy when when using openblocks tank +xp drain + xp bottler

They seem to be producing 325k each.

I don't think that you can keep the bottle but hey...

Greets

Rhodiaxx

I just set up a farm with oak trees and have the harvester and planter set up and with the project red pipes and chips, i have them auto refilling the planter with saplings and the logs go to pulverizers and then onto steam dynamos. So far, it seems pretty self sufficient. Just an idea if someone wants to use it.

I guess another question I have is that fluiducts don't interact the LXP absorber, and Im wondering if there is any other types of pipes or pumps in this modpack that are compatible with all fluids?

just stick an openblocks tank in between the absorber and the fluiduct

Being a huge fan of needlessly complicated setups as I am, I found a different way to automate my magmatic dynamos.

As I live on a space station most of the time (and thus don't have to put up with witches making it night/rain constantly, and getting a +100% environmental bonus), the solar panels from Galacticraft seemed pretty viable - but boring. As such, I decided to do something different with them. On the roof of my space station, I currently have 22 Advanced Solar panels powering 5 Lava Fabricators. Those are in turn hooked up to a single Tesseract with fluiducts.

Said Tesseract transmits to another Tesseract on the inside of my space station, going into a temporary storage of 10 Resonant Portable Tanks before flowing into a set of 37 magmatic dynamos that connect to 9 Resonant Energy Cells. Overkill? You betcha! I don't care. It looks friggin' awesome.

Now I just need to decide what to actually use 450 million RF on. I was going to use it to power my laser drill for a few minutes, but some jackass stole it. The hazards of multiplayer... :P

Edited by PoisonFrog

Poisonfrog, can you show us pictures?  I'd love to see it, just chuck screenshots up on imgur and it'll give you a BBCode link you can drop in here. :)

Don't forget you can use clear fluiducts to make badass overhead lava lighting now you've got that in there!

Poisonfrog, can you show us pictures?  I'd love to see it, just chuck screenshots up on imgur and it'll give you a BBCode link you can drop in here. :)

Don't forget you can use clear fluiducts to make badass overhead lava lighting now you've got that in there!

Well, the server I play on has been having some serious crashing issues lately, it's barely been up at all these last three or four days... but once I actually manage to get on again, sure, I'll take some screenshots. :)

At first it puzzled me by not working, then I realized that the redstone bricks I'd built the core out of (underneath the diamond block covers) count as an active redstone signal, so I just had to toggle the redstone settings for the dynamos. Works like a charm now.

• 2 weeks later...