A tool for Solder

Jamie1130

I've just built a tool which makes adding mods to Solder so much easier, You have a directory with all of the mods in one folder, It adds each mod to solder and creates a directory which contains a directory for each mod, you upload all of the directory's into the Solder mod folder and double tap enter and it will automatically create a mod version on Solder for that zip file.

gkzsg29.png

It's not perfect but I just did 160 mods at once with it and it worked flawlessly.

A link to the GitHub can be found here: https://github.com/JamieH/TechnicSolderAutomate

A release can be found at: https://github.com/JamieH/TechnicSolderAutomate/releases

I'd recommend reading the help on the GitHub as you want to get this right the first time else it might create a mess of your mods on Solder.

I figured there wouldn't be much point since the mods would be on your PC anyway as there is where you do nearly all of the testing before uploading to Solder. I mean you could use Mono to run it on the remote server but I don't see much point.

• 4 months later...

I figured there wouldn't be much point since the mods would be on your PC anyway as there is where you do nearly all of the testing before uploading to Solder. I mean you could use Mono to run it on the remote server but I don't see much point.

This is true, but many people use Linux instead of Windows on their home computers. Also, this looks really nice, good work! I wish I had this when I was first setting up Solder!

Having a little trouble, I think its related to the cookie.  I added an extension to chrome cause there was nowhere under dev tools.I could just download the cookie as a txt. I could only find an extension that would allow me to cut and paste the data into the cookie.txt you provide.    

I only see two cookie choices, and neither are the (damnit why cant I paste into here) cookie you ask for in the github instructions, the cookies with eloquent in it.

I just have laralev session and session payload...

I have pasted both, and each one alone, and tried. same error. invalid uri hostname could not be parsed.

the second question is this...my solder is in a sub directory of www, so my path is /var/www/core/public on my Linux box

so my command should be(from windows 7 command line)    

technicsolderautomate.exe mods outmods http://mydomain.us/core/public

Is this right? That's the url I use to login to solder.

Thanks!  I could do these all by hand, but this look to be so close to working, I am just doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by gigafunk