mods they should add

joe 2657

I agree with Thaumcraft from a gameplay perspective, but disagree from a 'making the mod too heavy for even more people to run' perspective :)

Buildcraft has been mostly replaced so I disagree completely - what did you miss in particular from buildcraft? (I may be able to tell you what to use instead)

Edited by Loader

The only thing I really miss from buildcraft is a pump.  My bucket clicking hand get's cramped easily.  I'm sure a lot of people miss the quarry, but resources are just so abundant here, I can easily get by with my minions digging for me, and dropping the stuff off in my 'to be processed' chest.

I'd like to see Mystcraft in mostly for teleportation.  Enhanced Portals 2 seems to have quite a few annoyances with it, like causing strange entity bugs when you use it to change dimensions, although I just started using qCraft portals, they take up a lot of room, and the portal just doesn't look attractive to me at all, so it's hard to make look nice.

As for Thaumcraft, while I love it to bits, and it fits the theme, it really duplicates a lot of functionality with the other mods, so I don't think it brings anything really necessary to the current pack aside from another technology route.  That being said, I do miss my Haste III Boots of the Traveler. :)

I've got to be honest, I do miss the pump too :)

I can see why they did it (now I have to bother with an oil extractor, and if I want nether lava I have to actually risk going down there and dropping my tank in when I pick it up if I put it too close, but I still miss it.

I'd prefer extra utilities for this to buildcraft, that way water can still be pumped with the MFR aqueous accumulator, lava can be pumped with the EU enderthermic pump, and other special things (like springwater or oil) require special equipment to pick up.

Enhanced portals only seems to have an issue with morph - without that I've been fine.  I'm not sure mystcraft+morph would be any better as I'm not sure where that bug is (I'm guessing morph though).

Thaumcraft does add a second line of magic alongside witchery, tools and weapons alongside tinkers and helpers (like golems) alongside minions and project|red but I see what you mean, while it extends witchery it's kind of an alternative path for everything else.

I do miss the pump as well, granted. But without an anchor it is useless anyway (unless you have several people at the right places and unless the whole chunk loading limits per person is gone).

I might even want some planes from Flan's Mod.

However, I think this modpack is quite balanced as it has a different theme than Tekkit.

What I am missing are some known pipe systems (buildcraft likely), because I still have some troubles with Project Red (mainly my incompetence rather than techinical).

So, no...I personally do not think it needs more (I'd rather say that I miss Flan's Mod in Tekkit as planes and building airports is fun ;))

[...]But without an anchor it is useless anyway (unless you have several people at the right places and unless the whole chunk loading limits per person is gone).[..]

Well, have a look onto the Poppet Shelf.

The poppet shelf overcomes the limitation that protection poppets must be held in the bound players inventory. This alone makes the object especially powerful, because there is now no limit to how many protection poppets that can be active for a player, and there is no longer an inconvenience that the poppets fill valuable inventory space. Because of this, a poppet shelf is very expensive, and has a limited inventory. Poppet shelves will function across dimensions.

Poppet shelves will keep chunks containing them loaded, so use them sparingly!

The poppet shelf is crafted using Attuned Stones, Nether Brick and Green Wool.

The only thing I really miss from buildcraft is a pump.  My bucket clicking hand get's cramped easily.  I'm sure a lot of people miss the quarry, but resources are just so abundant here, I can easily get by with my minions digging for me, and dropping the stuff off in my 'to be processed' chest.

I'd like to see Mystcraft in mostly for teleportation.  Enhanced Portals 2 seems to have quite a few annoyances with it, like causing strange entity bugs when you use it to change dimensions, although I just started using qCraft portals, they take up a lot of room, and the portal just doesn't look attractive to me at all, so it's hard to make look nice.

As for Thaumcraft, while I love it to bits, and it fits the theme, it really duplicates a lot of functionality with the other mods, so I don't think it brings anything really necessary to the current pack aside from another technology route.  That being said, I do miss my Haste III Boots of the Traveler. :)

I really miss the pump too, but if you want an alternative to power, if that is your use for the lava. Check out http://www.youtube.com/user/jsit he has some nice ways to get power, and tutorials for the various aspects of Attack of the B-Team.