Tesseracts and Nether

Tarawa

Is there something special needed to get tesseracts to work in the nether? I have a linked pair that work in the overworld, but I want to farm lava. So I went to the nether setup the tesseract, with a few pipes and a portable tank, and began gathering buckets, but it doesnt send to the one in the overworld, but works when I move to the overworld with out a hitch.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The chunks containing both tesseracts must be loaded. This means that a system like this can only work for a limited time after leaving the nether anyway. One slightly clever thing you could do is fire snowballs at a nether portal that links to where the tesseract is. This'll constantly load the nether.

All this being said, how are you pumping the lava?

[...]

All this being said, how are you pumping the lava?

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing :)

Because loading the chunk can be done easily when on a multiplayer server playing with others (one can be in the nether doing stuff, while the other is overworld). Pumping however is a different story

I am on a multiplayer server and others are on it, however no one was near my base with the other half of the tesseract pair, if that matters. The way I was going to "pump" was, morph into a blaze and use buckets, dumping them into a portable tank. =D