How to get ~4000 charcoal in very little time

Turgle

Ok so I have only just discovered the beauty of the Giant Redwood and Lumber Axe Auto Smelt with Luck combination. Pretty much, grow one of these Giant Redwood Trees:

mXXwvLN.png

Secondly, hollow it out with a Lumber Axe that has Auto-Smelt and Luck (I only had enough Luck for Fortune 2, so you can do better than this).

The result? Here:

rMJ3tuq.png

I've done this at one of the huge tree biomes (I think it's like bushes or sacred saplings or something like that) and I hit it once at the bottom and then entire tree came down along with like 130 levels of xp. The amount of lag was ridiculous for about 15 seconds lol. 

I've done this at one of the huge tree biomes (I think it's like bushes or sacred saplings or something like that) and I hit it once at the bottom and then entire tree came down along with like 130 levels of xp. The amount of lag was ridiculous for about 15 seconds lol. 

Xp from cutting down a tree?

It seems to be off and on for me. I believe that sometimes when it doesn't happen, I've just cut all the wood so it's not touching the ground and then take another swing at it and I've brought the whole thing down. Also, in the sacred saplings (i believe) biome with the huge trees, I've brought it all down in one hit. So, i don't understand the exact process of the lumber axe.