Please help

aw3someness101

Hi yes, there was a hotfix for the windows and linux users but not the mac users. 

to raise awareness for this issue, i too also have the same issue, please redirect yourself to my bug report here is where we can raise awareness by clicking the green button which gains its popularity showing admins that we need another fix

http://forums.techni...reen-mac-users/

yeah its an issue for mac users aswell again go to that link and click the green button to raise its awareness. In your case i can solve your issue provided you help me with mine by clicking the green button on that link then pm me after you're done, i know whats wrong in your case.

Sad to say my friend had this exact issue TRIED EVERYTHING! Deleted And reinstalled all the modpacks and launcher and seems to be with this file! it's either forgemodloader-client-0 or forgemodloader-client-0.log that won't open that is the source of the problem we don't know how to fix it but hope it helps a little bit! Best of luck! :)

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] -- System Details --

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Details:

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]  Minecraft Version: 1.6.4

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]  Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]  Java Version: 1.6.0_22, Sun Microsystems Inc.

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]  Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

[b#434]  2014-03-23 13:46:56 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]  Memory: 512776832 bytes (489 MB) / 845545472 bytes (806 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)

That is NOT a current version of Java, that is an old Java 6 version. After you install most recent Java, it should offer to check if you still have any older Java versions lurking on your computer and offer to remove them. I wonder how many others with launch issues are due to old and/or multiple Java versions.

Sadly, it is not common knowledge that Java will by default never upgrade when you install a new version. It will instead create just another runtime environment next to the existing one(s). This leads to some ugly problems when one software requires an older Java for some reason, and another software requires a current one. Most of the time, the solution is to wipe all old Java versions and then installing the latest one.

If they actually included a check-and-wipe function to the installer by now, good for them. It was long overdue.

After I had updated Java, i still couldn' open Tekkit. That is untill I realized that the Tekkit launcher had set the maximum allowed RAM to 512kb. After inceasing it to 1Gb it works fine.

For some reason it won't let me set it higher than that though; before updating Java I could set it to 2Gb, now that option isn't even in the list.