Retro(de)gen?

viesiu

So, in my previous world I noticed that there were copper and tin from both TE and Galacticraft spawning in the world (why wouldn't u disable one of them is what I rly don't understand :/). So, before I started new world, I disabled the ones from GC (and also from Tinker's Construct, since I put it in) in configs. Everything was fine untill (I think) that new bugfix came out. Which seems to have reset my configs for both Galacticraft and TC and now, in new chunks, I have ores from all three mods. It's not that big of a deal, since, after processing in TE machines, Im getting TE ingots, but still, when I go mining by my own, it's rather annoying (and, unfortunately, TC's aluminium doesn't work in pulverizers). So, I was thinking, can I somehow revert this? "Retrodegen" the ores out of the world or something? Or somehow swap all the ores in the world with their TE equivalents?

Edited by viesiu

It is Galacticraft's Aluminium that won't work in Pulverizers in the current Tekkit. You can resort to Induction Furnaces (add sand in the other slot) to smelt aluminium ores for double output. Will also give you some slag to make Rockwool.

As for the question, retroactively changing chunks sounds like a really bad idea. If you are so annoyed by them, quarry them out entirely and then set up a Buildcraft Filler to stuff the hole with stone or something.

Double Copper/Tin ores are annoying, but don't matter too much once you get an automated processing chain running. The only irritating thing at this point will be the gross overabundance of processed copper and tin. I am building factory walls out of the surplus metal blocks now...

P.S.: If you are really determined, you might swap out all the "wrong ores" manually. Just get a pickaxe with Silk Touch and fetch enough of the correct ores.  :-p

You can delete specific region files from your save, forcing the areas to be regenerated again after fixing your configs. The downside is that region files cover a lot of area, so you might end up deleting parts of your base. There are tools to find what region file specific chunks are in. Allso to note: any time there is an update modified configs get reset to tekkit defaults.

Yeah, pulverizing Aluminium works fine for both versions. i was confused, cause NEI won't show the pulverizing recipe when I press "u" on TC's ore.

Anyway, looks like I'll have to endure, or place my quarries in even newer chunks (or create new Age, or whatever ;p) and go mining only in the oldest ones ;p