Essence to Essence

You need a few things to do the conversion, assuming you've got some system set up where you've got berries coming down a pipe already;

1. Berries go into an autonomous activator set to right-click, this will drop xp orbs on the floor.
  2. Under the activator is a sewer with a bronze upgrade (or higher).
  3. A fluiduct comes out the bottom of the sewer, it goes to the tanks where you'd like to store essence and sewage (it seems to make a small amount of sewage no matter what).
  4. Upgrade the pipes into the two tanks with pneumatic servos.
  5. Get a bucket of mob essence manually and use it to set one tank's pipe input to whitelisted mob essence and the other one to blacklisted mob essence. (this will mean mob essence will be the only thing that goes in one tank and it will not ever go into the other tank - but sewage will).

That's it!

loader, i'm sure you know how to do this. instead of this whole system,  what if i want something to "pick" the berries for me but store them until i come and get them all. As of now, when i put the autonomous activator down it picks them but then uses the xp. Is there a way to change it, or perhaps another machine?

This was for when you've already got the berries and want to convert them to mob essence without involving you - there's a video tutorial around here somewhere of how to make an infinite metal farm (using a different kind of berry) which can talk you through that using autonomous activators, or you can just use the MFR harvester (it needs power but can cover a much larger area and I'm lazy :D).

loader, i'm sure you know how to do this. instead of this whole system,  what if i want something to "pick" the berries for me but store them until i come and get them all. As of now, when i put the autonomous activator down it picks them but then uses the xp. Is there a way to change it, or perhaps another machine?

Turn the autonomous activator mode to first slot only

put something else in the slot

This is the system I use for Essence berries and works great.  Did nothing to the Autonomous Activator except for placing it down.

2014-03-27_045816_zpscc88f0cb.png

2014-03-27_045528_zps65d0f1e4.png

2014-03-27_045919_zpsae4fcdeb.png