Client Closes on Openign World

Haxotic

*Client Closes on Opening World*

Hello, I am having an issue and I hope someone can help. When I was mid-playing today my laptop lost power and shut off. After plugging it in I tried to open my world but after clicking it, it briefly says 'Loading World' and then the client exits. Does anyone know any solutions? Thank you!

Edited by Haxotic

sadly, your world save may have been corrupted...  Having this happen seems to be more of a Java thing then Tekkit.  Something about the world save file being active and in flux while the game is being played.  The file seems to loose part of it's start and/or end code if it doesn't close properly...

I am no expert on software though...  hopefully someone else has better news.

Edited by jakalth

That's unfortunate to hear as I just collected all the symbols to create the age you recently described to me for my quarry. Fortunately I keep ~48h backups so it's not that bad. I appreciate your help once again. Thank you!

Happened twice to me recently due to crashes. I am giving in now and running the world on a dedicated server in my LAN (playing singleplayer so far), so a client crash cannot corrupt the world files.

P.S.: As for the question. You can either try to repair manually with a program like MCEdit (no idea how that works, never tried it myself) or revert to a backup of your world. If you have no backup, it's either hacking or starting over. You might try what I do, get the server and run it separately from your client (you can copy an existing world over, unless it's corrupted). And remember even then that you should make regular backups of that world.

Edited by Curunir