Draining a lava lake?

Do this modpack has anything about draining water/lava? Large amounts? Like a valve or something? 

Also what mod is that? I saw people draining whole oceans with that blocks. (Not Sponge :P)

Thanks

You can pour water or another liquid like blood over it, then mine it out or use something like an autonomous activator with a hammer in it if you're lazy. Also a great source of obsidian ;)

Edited by BoredSausage

The blocks that remove large amounts of liquids are most commonly pumps. There are a couple of mods that add pumps, but unfortunately aotb doesnt have any pumps. The mods that add pumps are buildcraft, IC2, and extra utilities(i think) as far as I know.

In the future Thermal Expansion will also have a pump.

Thats what i meant by "remove large amounts". Pumps will collect and distribute liquids into pipes, but sadly as of right now this modpack does not have pumps, nor do we have a way to collect it functionally like pumps do. If its unlimited/ set it and forget it power you are looking for, I would recommend an automatic tree farm to create unlimited charcoal to power steam dynamos, or you can use reactant dynamos in combination with auto spawners. 

How to pump liquids in AotB:

Make bucket

Use bucket on liquid

Pour liquid into tank

Repeat Step 2 Until Done

there is no machine-based way (aka: no pumps) to manipulate liquids into new locations without player intervention (as per instructions above). Once those liquids are contained though, they can be manipulated however you want through the use of ducts and machines but you'll need to feed it to begin with.

How to pump liquids in AotB:

Make bucket

Use bucket on liquid

Pour liquid into tank

Repeat Step 2 Until Done

there is no machine-based way (aka: no pumps) to manipulate liquids into new locations without player intervention (as per instructions above). Once those liquids are contained though, they can be manipulated however you want through the use of ducts and machines but you'll need to feed it to begin with.

I don't recall if there are other liquids that can make infinite wells apart from water and its variants, but if there are you can use a Terrain Smasher to smash source blocks and send them via pipes.