I'm a big fat newb who doesn't know the first thing about solder.

Wellington Pennyfeather

Hello, I want to create my own modpack but I do not know the first thing about solder such as: Do I need to download solder or is there already a solder folder?, where do I put the API key?, What is the URL box for?, How do I link the solder API thingie?, and Where do I get solder if there is a download?

All of these questions I could not find the slightest hint of an answer to. I'm just saying that tekkit assumes that I am the ultimate IT guy when in truth, I do not know the first thing about all of the different file types, folders, and other assorted computer knowledge. There must be a secret forum page that everybody is seeing that I'm not because it appears as though everybody that makes tekkit modpacks was born with a quarter of their brain dedicated to knowing what an API is. If one of you knowledgeable people

can post a short (or very very longggggg) tutorial to help newbs like me contribute to the modding community in a useful way that would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If any of you think that I'm an too big of a newb to create my own modpack, please keep your nerdy opinion to yourself because that is not the answer I was looking for. 

Yeah I read that before I posted this and let me just say, you must be a whole lot smarter than me to understand anything in that description.

Also why won't technic help with setting up solder? I don't understand why you would include the solder feature and just assume that everyone trying to create a modpack is an ultra-genius IT guy with a degree in "Computer Stuff". 

Yeah I read that before I posted this and let me just say, you must be a whole lot smarter than me to understand anything in that description.

Also why won't technic help with setting up solder? I don't understand why you would include the solder feature and just assume that everyone trying to create a modpack is an ultra-genius IT guy with a degree in "Computer Stuff". 

Solder is only meant for ultra-genius IT-guys. If you aren't one then don't use it. You can create a modpack just fine without using solder.

It is almost impossible to provide satisfactory support to a complex system for people who can't understand complex systems. I could get solder installed with the instructions RONNO linked, but I cannot explain to you how you could do the same because it requires a ton of prerequisite knowledge about web server backends and other "ultra-genius IT guy" stuff.

Edited by RebelNode