Converting MJ power

mrsilly67

Back in tekkit classic i used that energy converter thing to change it into EU, but now in this new tekkit, i don't know how to convert the MJ into RF (iv built a Combustion engine power plant for fun since i have tons apon tons of oil) if theres no way to convert it, are the redstone energy conduits compatible with the combustion engines? 

I don't know if you can inject MJ into the conduits, I just know that they can convert RF to MJ on the fly...

but main question is, why didn't you use the dynamos, as they are producing RF directly and also take liquid fuel? ;) (manybe you can still change this)

oh right, forgot about the dynamos, thanks!

EDIT: The Compression dynamos are cheap so ill just replace what i have (it helps having almost infinite stuff (i added quarryplus so that really helped)) 

Edited by mrsilly67

Engineer's toolbox has/had a module that could convert MJ --> RF.  And the energy converters mod, last I heard, still could do the conversion.  But both would require being added manually to the pack on your end.  That is if you still want to try using the combustion engines.

On a side note; you could still use the combustion engines as a dedicated energy producer for your quarry, if you don't mind making a mobile power station out of Redstone in Motion to move your engines with your quarry.  Template carriages would be easier, but frame carriages would allow 3 axis movement.  RIM would just save you from having to rebuild your engine array each time you move your quarry, and not have to have exceptionally long kinetic pipe runs too your quarry.  And all you'd have to do is remove 1 carriage to run your power pipe out, and replace it to move your engines again, if you use the frame carriages.