Does the technic launcher update modpacks when updates are released for them?

StevenTheHorse

Question

6 answers to this question

I would really like if someone were to tell me.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I will tell you that, no, the launcher does not automatically update mods as new versions come out.

Furthermore, the launcher does not automatically update Technic/Tekkit/Yogbox/Voxel/HackSlashMine when new versions of those come out. It will, however, let you know when a new version of one of those is out when you try to play one. It gives you the option of updating or not.

I believe if there are bugfix releases for mods for the MC versions that technic is using then those may get updated.

I believe this is true as well. However, if a mod gets updated to a Minecraft version that isn't the Minecraft version Technic/Tekkit is running, then it will not automatically pull the update.

I believe this is true as well. However, if a mod gets updated to a Minecraft version that isn't the Minecraft version Technic/Tekkit is running, then it will not automatically pull the update.

Yup. That's the case. We can patch in fixes all day long if they're compatible, but everything has to work with a common version number of MC. Such is the case with all mod packs or using any mods together. It's all or nothing.