McPc+ server optimization?

enterprise12

I have been using mcpc+ to run my modpack here: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/a-new-age-enterprise.55905

I upgraded from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 it is much more stable and i have no crashes anymore on the server.

However 1.6.4 of mcpc+ now has new config options, and i was wondering how to optimize it.

the TPS is low, i loaded the world 10,000 blocks out using worldborder fill.

My Plugins:

Essentials

enjin minecraft plugin

boseeconomy

factions

restartannounce

scheduled announcer 2

worldborder

worldgaurd

worldedit

dynmap

stargates

votifier

prism

jobs lockette

My mods are in the link to my modpack.

Server.log file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8644122E84A7836A%21267

Here is my configuration for Mcpc, bukkit, spigot files (i also lowered the spawn rates for mo creatures) i think this is mostly the optimization for mcpc+ as it worked nicely in 1.6.2

Mcpc, bukkit, spigot - configuration files: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8644122E84A7836A%21273

• Discord Moderator
  • It looks like you have an item ID set to a value that is too high (32056 or 31800). Possibly with a Calclavia mod.
  • It looks like you might have an incorrect version of EnjinMinecraftPlugin in your plugins folder <shudder>.
  • You should update your MCPC+ to the most recent build (B254 as of this post).
  • Without a link to your Technic pack page and/or download URL it will be difficult to provide more input than that.

i dont think that any of that would cause the server to drop to 6TPS

no im using the correct version of enjin for 1.6.4 version 2.5.6 if you check

Im using the latest mcpc+ for 1.6.4, or was a few days ago, but will update

i gave the link on the top

Edited by enterprise12

Im trying to use opis, but i dont quite understand it.  If any of you want to come on and try install opis and i can give you permission to use it.

I have a huge space station filled with oxygen for spawn, im not sure if the amount of oxygen sealers could be causing it, there are 200 sheep and such, i can try lowering the spawn rates further, Once we get around 8+ people tps seems to drop

• Discord Moderator

You have a fairly heavy pack for both worldgen and active memory usage. How much memory is in the server running the modpack? How much is allocated to your server process? What is your view distance set to? Large packs with a lot of complex mods can really consume a fairly large amount of memory per player, especially if your view distance is set too high.

I have 6-8GB set and a view distance of 7

I have a gigantic dome on a space station for spawn with Galacticraft filled with a few dozen oxygen sealers, im wondering if they are lowering the tps a ton, im going to try and move spawn for a day to see if it being unloaded makes a difference.

I ran nearly all the same type of mods in 1.6.2 and we had great TPS, just the old version of mcpc plus caused world corruption which is why i upgraded the modpack to 1.6.4

Now all these new settings like a-sync and such i have no idea what they do, there is on thing i notice:

This Error:

2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE assets.pamharvestcraft.TileEntityPamCrop with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE assets.pamweeeflowers.TileEntityPamFlowerCrop with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE factorization.shared.TileEntityFzNull with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE logisticspipes.blocks.LogisticsSecurityTileEntity with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE logisticspipes.blocks.crafting.LogisticsCraftingTableTileEntity with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE net.machinemuse.powersuits.block.TileEntityTinkerTable with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE tconstruct.blocks.logic.CraftingStationLogic with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE tconstruct.blocks.logic.PartBuilderLogic with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE thaumcraft.common.tiles.TileGrate with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE vazkii.heraldry.content.TileEntityBanner with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
2014-05-03 02:41:48 [iNFO] Detected TE vswe.stevescarts.TileEntities.TileEntityActivator with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.

This error as well, although i dont think its saving in the server.log file (its an error like this, just named differently looks like its associating with the mods):
  1. [00:03:00] [server thread/INFO]: Detected TE net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntityChest with canUpdate set to true and no updateEntity override!. This is NOT good, please report to mod author as this can hurt performance.
Edited by enterprise12

• Discord Moderator

So, you have 6-8G set but out of how much RAM in the system? Is this a dedicated server or are you doing something else with machine? And yes, many of the "current version" mods are doing more so they do take a bit more resources. You might want to make sure that your mcpc.yml has been reset (by removing it and letting it get recreated) and changing what you need. There have been some changes to defaults.

Seems updating and resetting the configs fixed it!!!

Thanks!

Im trying to enable fake players now, mcpc+ comes with:

fake-players:

do-login: true
  forestry/core/utils/Utils$1:
    username: '[[Forestry]]'

This didnt allow forestry to build however, i had to /op [[Forestry]] and it seems that list has not added buildcraft, ic2, thermal expansion, thaumcraft.
Buildcraft seems to be building on its own however, i havent seen the others yet.
I try to reach mcpc+ team at their main page but no response

Now its been running smooth for days, after a restart this just pops up out of nowhere causing it to crash, >.>

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetLocal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetLocal.java:263)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetGlobal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetGlobal.java:51)
at ic2.core.IC2.tickEnd(IC2.java:1793)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:892)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:330)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:777)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

haha xD it still happens, i got mekanism from here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1361286-164-mekanism-v6-universal-cable-balloons-5x-ore-duplication-jetpacks/

I set "Load chunk on Request" to false and it seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for all your help! hopefully you get a cookie :3

Your always welcome on the server!

Ah well, do you have any idea how to fix this? i updated to the latest Mekanism, still happens on startup if load chunk on-request is set to true.

I updated Forge-microblocks to latest, the hasmap error still looks like it has something todo with IC2

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetLocal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetLocal.java:263)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetGlobal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetGlobal.java:51)
at ic2.core.IC2.tickEnd(IC2.java:1793)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:892)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:330)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:777)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

somebiody also gets this error when logging in now, and i heard updating forge microblocks may fix it, or loading the chunk, its not a big deal though, i just want the previous error fixed.

• Discord Moderator

Yes, this is a "Universal Cable carrying EU" issue. I'm certain it is fixed in later builds of Mek, but that cable/block/whatever segment may need to be removed before that chunk will load properly. The latest version of ForgeMultipart is B250 and has been for a while. Assuming you are on the latest Mek, B250 of FM and IC2 B397 they all work fine together.

You might have luck editing the MCPC+ configs to force it to remove erroring tile entities (or some such).

I have forge multipart  "ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.250"

i have mekanism "Mekanism-6.0.4.42" and its other 2 addons.

I do have IC2 "industrialcraft-2_2.0.397-experimental"

How could i make it remove the errored tile entities?

I will try going to the broken chunk