Tekkit modpack + custom mods

Caco4Cake

Hey guys,

Here is my issue, I really enjoy the Tekkit modpack, and i don't wanna use another one, but I would really like to add a few more mods like Openblocks and Bibliocraft.

So i was wandering whether this is possible or not?

The best thing would be, if i could add all of tekkit's mods and my own in a custom modpack.

I really hope you can help!

/sincerely Caco4Cake 

You can do this, but it is usually not trivial, and will involve some work. First, you need the compatible version of your additional mods, i.e. compatible with the Minecraft version used. We are on 1.6.4.

Then you need to integrate the mods. The hardest thing will be handing out proper IDs to all blocks and non-block-entities, because IDs have to be unique and there is a metric ton already used. The default IDs used by the additional mods will be fine with vanilla Minecraft, but chances are high that in a big pack like Tekkit, the numbers will already be in use and need to be changed.

Every. Single. One.

I think you can get a dump of the existing IDs somewhere in NEI, and then you will have to do the work. Have fun.

You can do this, but it is usually not trivial, and will involve some work. First, you need the compatible version of your additional mods, i.e. compatible with the Minecraft version used. We are on 1.6.4.

Then you need to integrate the mods. The hardest thing will be handing out proper IDs to all blocks and non-block-entities, because IDs have to be unique and there is a metric ton already used. The default IDs used by the additional mods will be fine with vanilla Minecraft, but chances are high that in a big pack like Tekkit, the numbers will already be in use and need to be changed.

Every. Single. One.

I think you can get a dump of the existing IDs somewhere in NEI, and then you will have to do the work. Have fun.

Wow that was fast! Thanks a lot.

I have all the mods that I want to integrate into my modpack for 1.6.4, and I will look into the block_ID issue. Just one thing though, would it be possible to use forge to add all of the mods i want and then merge tekkit and my custom modpack, or will I have to manually install every single mod?

Maybe my method is not trivial, do you recommend another approach or something?

And again thanks! 

It was fast because I just happened to look into the forum.

I never tried to mod myself, no idea about tools. Although I remember reading that Tekkit uses MCPC+, whatever that is.