Moving cable with pistons / or toggle between power thingies

Hey :) I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Ok so, the problem that I am having is that I want to switch all my power over to a mass fabricator manually using a lever or something, rather than re-cabling everything so that it only goes to the mass fabricator. I thought maybe using a piston to move a glass fibre cable could create a toggle system but you can't move cable with pistons sadly ;( thank you. 

Whatever the machine, if you are trying to do that, simply add a Redstone Energy Cell as a buffer along that cable and set it to only be active when powered with a Redstone signal. It should be possible to power that part of the power network off with a lever or similar then. With your idea, a piston would only break the cable, I think.

Unless, of course, you are not using Tekkit at all. Glass Fibre cable and Mass Fabricators suggest you are using an IC2-based mod, maybe Tekkit Classic. In which case you are in the wrong forum section.

Edited by Curunir

Whatever the machine, if you are trying to do that, simply add a Redstone Energy Cell as a buffer along that cable and set it to only be active when powered with a Redstone signal. It should be possible to power that part of the power network off with a lever or similar then. With your idea, a piston would only break the cable, I think.

Unless, of course, you are not using Tekkit at all. Glass Fibre cable and Mass Fabricators suggest you are using an IC2-based mod, maybe Tekkit Classic. In which case you are in the wrong forum section.

I don't see any "Redstone Energy Cell" :( And yeah I am using Tekkit Classic

Then you should be posting in tekkit classic huh?

Tekkit is a specific modpack, just like tekkit lite and tekkit classic are.

It always amazes me that people think "Hey, I'm new here" absolves them from learning the rules and layout of a forum. Like laziness and ignorance are ever a free pass...