Server ID mismatches

Cardina1

So I just finished my first modpack and server file to go with it, singleplayer loads and works fine but when I tried the server I get a message that says Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches and says that many items from thermal expansion is missing. What  can I do to fix this?

Log file:

https://copy.com/bSJiHS3m1HBm

Thanks for the help.

Could you also post the server logs? A quick fix for this might be overwriting either the client or server config file with the other, E.G. Delete the server Thermal Expansion config file and then copy the one from your client to the server.

The server does not have a log file for some reason, or at least I could not find any. 

Here is the server file:  https://copy.com/PjNjedOVmfmT

and the modpack:  http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/tekxit-teamz.385891

If you try to run the server it should do the same thing, I tried it on all of the computers in my house and all had the same problem.

Rename minecraftforge-universal.jar to server.jar and use this as your launch file.

java -Xmx2G -Xms1G -jar server.jar nogui
PAUSE
It also appears that you have not correctly installed the Ruins mod. Edited by PBlock96

Yes, that's the exact copy. Do you know how to do id configs? I would guess that that is the next option.

Actually just got a random thought after I posted that. Are you extracting the files from the archive into a folder or just leaving them in the archive?

As for the ruins mod, it says that it is in and active, but it is not spawning any ruins. I'm not sure what to do with that.

Edited by Cardina1

• Discord Moderator

Client:

• You have included Forge build #953 as your modpack.jar file. Update to the latest/last 1.6.4 Build #965.
  • Forge Multipart mod goes in mods1.6.4. Create a 1.6.4 folder and move the mod into there.
  • You have included a very old version of CodeChickenCore. Update to the latest 1.6.4 version (0.9.0.9).
  • You have an ancient version of ProjectRed with known critical bugs. Update to the latest 1.6.4 version.
  • When intending to create a server for your modpack it is critical that any automated ID "fixing" mod be removed from the pack after all conflicts are resolved. If not, you run a high risk of having conflicts between client and server.
  • You have not included a full set of config files in your modpack. By some miracle your pack doesn't have any block or item ID conflicts, but I assure you that this is quite rare for a 1.6.4 pack with more than a handful of mods even with IDFixMinus installed. Even when there are no ID conflicts the mod files are required to balance the mods against each other (ore generation, power production and conversion, TreeCapitator if you use it, microblock setup) and to tweak settings for mods. Always, always include a full set of configs. This is vital when planning on making a server for a modpack so that you can be 100% sure you have the exact same configs between the client and server. Look at any of the modpacks maintaned by the Technic group. If they are doing something (like including a full set of configs) you should be doing that as well.

Server:

• Your server does not have the same version of Forge as your client. Once you update your client this should not be a problem.
  • When creating a server it is critical that the configs between client and server be synchronized. The only way to ensure that is to include the configs from the client to the server or vice versa.
  • Your Run1.bat has a period at the end of the line right beside nogui. Remove that.

Making these changes allowed me to start your client pack successfully and to connect to the server.

Client:

• You have included Forge build #953 as your modpack.jar file. Update to the latest/last 1.6.4 Build #965.
  • Forge Multipart mod goes in mods1.6.4. Create a 1.6.4 folder and move the mod into there.
  • You have included a very old version of CodeChickenCore. Update to the latest 1.6.4 version (0.9.0.9).
  • You have an ancient version of ProjectRed with known critical bugs. Update to the latest 1.6.4 version.
  • When intending to create a server for your modpack it is critical that any automated ID "fixing" mod be removed from the pack after all conflicts are resolved. If not, you run a high risk of having conflicts between client and server.
  • You have not included a full set of config files in your modpack. By some miracle your pack doesn't have any block or item ID conflicts, but I assure you that this is quite rare for a 1.6.4 pack with more than a handful of mods even with IDFixMinus installed. Even when there are no ID conflicts the mod files are required to balance the mods against each other (ore generation, power production and conversion, TreeCapitator if you use it, microblock setup) and to tweak settings for mods. Always, always include a full set of configs. This is vital when planning on making a server for a modpack so that you can be 100% sure you have the exact same configs between the client and server. Look at any of the modpacks maintaned by the Technic group. If they are doing something (like including a full set of configs) you should be doing that as well.

Server:

• Your server does not have the same version of Forge as your client. Once you update your client this should not be a problem.
  • When creating a server it is critical that the configs between client and server be synchronized. The only way to ensure that is to include the configs from the client to the server or vice versa.
  • Your Run1.bat has a period at the end of the line right beside nogui. Remove that.

Making these changes allowed me to start your client pack successfully and to connect to the server.

Hey, I'm the brother of Cardina1. He's currently away so I'm trying to help out while he's gone. I have a few requests and questions on behalf of Cardina1:

1. As long as it doesn't break the rules in any way, could you please post the urls of the up-to-date mods you mentioned that we don't have?

2. How do we make a config file?? We tried to figure out how to do so earlier and couldn't find out, but the pack still "worked," so we assumed it wasn't a huge deal.

3. On behalf of config files, we also planned on changing the ore generation to that of something like Attack of the B-Team. We figured out it had something to do with the config file of the COFH Core, but that's about all. How do we go about doing this?

Thanks!

• Discord Moderator

Hey, I'm the brother of Cardina1. He's currently away so I'm trying to help out while he's gone. I have a few requests and questions on behalf of Cardina1:

1. As long as it doesn't break the rules in any way, could you please post the urls of the up-to-date mods you mentioned that we don't have?

2. How do we make a config file?? We tried to figure out how to do so earlier and couldn't find out, but the pack still "worked," so we assumed it wasn't a huge deal.

3. On behalf of config files, we also planned on changing the ore generation to that of something like Attack of the B-Team. We figured out it had something to do with the config file of the COFH Core, but that's about all. How do we go about doing this?

Thanks!

• ( a ) ChickenBones' mods: http://www.chickenbones.craftsaddle.org/Files/New_Versions/links.php

( b ) ProjectRed: http://projectredwiki.com/wiki/Version_archive#Downloads

• Config files get created the first time a mod is loaded into Forge. Look in your modpack folder for a "config" folder. Once your pack is working, or while resolving ID conflicts, you will have config files for each mod in this folder. It should be included in your final modpack archive.
  • In the folder "configcofh" there is a file named "CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg". This file used to specify the location, quantity and frequency of ore nodes. Typically one disables ore generation in other mods and relies on CoFHCore to do the ore spawning if it is included.
Edited by plowmanplow

Looks like that did it Thank you all for your help!

I do have one more question for you guys. How do I update the modpack without having to delete it and reinstall it? I'm hosting it on copy.com if that helps any.

Edited by Cardina1