Tekkit update and addons (not an ETA questions)

So I've been playing Tekkit for a month now and absolutely love it. Probably the most mentally challenging and awarding game I've ever played.

I've noticed several addons for IC2 and other mods not included in tekkit.

Does the Tekkit team plan on putting any new mods onto tekkit?

or is the plan just to stick with the current mod list for awhile?

Thanks in advance,

Could some polling be created on the forum for this?

Absolutely not.

The process involves the technic crew looking at mods and deciding which ones are fun.

The suggestion thread is more a way to get the team to look at mods you like, rather than tell them how much you like it.

That's what I was referring to. Of mods that we would like to be put into the pack.

And I'm betting there are many people on this forum who could and would do the work to make it compatible with tekkit.

I'm going to take a guess and say 50% of the users on this forum are in some developer/technology professional role(take out the 12 year olds of coarse)

Consider a system like Stackoverflow or reddit where the community can vote on upcoming mods to get awareness. Easy to add to a forum as well.

Have you read the suggestion thread? any legit suggestion is on the front page, we don't need or want any popularity contest buttons.

Your suggestion is bad, stop suggesting it.

Also, reddit is craptastic, and the fact that we aren't like that here is one of the things our regulars LIKE about this place.

Not really necessary, when you can just post a thread about a cool mod, and if other people think it's cool too, they'll post in the thread, and it'll stay bumped. The longer a thread is near the top of the page, the more likely it is to be noticed by somebody who is or knows a dev.

And, if people think your mod sucks, they won't post, and the thread will get buried on page 2.

Not really necessary, when you can just post a thread about a cool mod, and if other people think it's cool too, they'll post in the thread, and it'll stay bumped. The longer a thread is near the top of the page, the more likely it is to be noticed by somebody who is or knows a dev.

And, if people think your mod sucks, they won't post, and the thread will get buried on page 2.

But all of the mods are on the first page of the suggestion sticky, which we know that Kakermix reads, because he occasionally abuses people there.

Ok enough harassing of jay.

The modding community of minecraft is amazing, but needs some type of system besides a forum layout to bring the best ideas and modders who want to pursue that together as well as community support of the idea.

Tekkit seems to be heading that way and I'm just suggesting routes to do it.

And its a fantastic idea!

Ok enough harassing of jay.

The modding community of minecraft is amazing, but needs some type of system besides a forum layout to bring the best ideas and modders who want to pursue that together as well as community support of the idea.

Tekkit seems to be heading that way and I'm just suggesting routes to do it.

And its a fantastic idea!

Okay, you're relatively new here, so im gonna let you in on a secret.

There are no polls here because Kaker, cheapshot, and a few oter people all actually TALKED abotu it, and decided it was a bad idea. Your suggestion isn't bad because polls are bad (that's an opinion, sure it's mine, but an opinion nonetheless) Your suggestion is bad because you're beating a dead horse. In fact, the horse isn't even dead, it's gone, decomposed, you're beating the dirt where a horse once stood.

If you guys don't like the way Teekit is then make your own mod pack :P

Not being mean... its not very hard to make a pack... its just hard to make one as good as this and as widely used.

You are totally missing the point. I love tekkit from the first thing at the top of this post.

but tekkit and the launcher are becoming where players and modders are coming together. I'm just taking about a system to highlight mods out of the thousands and maybe even some developers that can make those easier to put into tekkit. the Tekkit developers clearly don't do it all themselves and have put out many thanks to the people who have taken the time to do this.

Creating a system similar to stack overflow will only enhance this process. Many of which are easy to add to forums.

Meh, I admit I did miss the point a bit. But I still did make an important point.

On the point: This mod pack (I think) is made by people who want the pack a certain way with a certain feel for the game... so they will do whatever they want. Essentially this is the Dev's pack... and you are just sharing it.

I didn't mean to get caught up in this hostility :P

Edit: I would agree this is where the modding community has been centralizing at... I just believe what Jay is trying to say is that this is still the Dev's mod... and they seem to not wish to change to the will of the masses.

Would you agree tekkit is where the modding community is starting to centralize at?

Not really. Until some very large changes occur, the place where modders and users come together is always going to be an official Mojang place. Flawed as it is, it's still more relevant. Technic is a specific place for specific people.

Not really. Until some very large changes occur, the place where modders and users come together is always going to be an official Mojang place. Flawed as it is, it's still more relevant. Technic is a specific place for specific people.

Well you're wrong. Take a look around. Tekkit now supports 3 other major mod backs on the launcher.

Well you're wrong. Take a look around. Tekkit now supports 3 other major mod backs on the launcher.

yeah, except that technic is not the primary location for either of the two other modpacks, OR hack/mine, which is one mod.

Moreover, modpack creators are not necessarily modders. The modders all work in one of two places. Either MCF, or their own private site. even the modders who really like us tend to stick to that rule.

BTW the type of fallacious argument your using is referred to as "argument from small numbers"

The idea that Technic Forums is instrumental in the meeting of modder and user, based on 4 modpacks and maybe 6 or so modders who come here, is silly at best.

I don't think the technic devs WANT this to become a place where, how did you phrase it... where the modding community centralizes at? This forum isn't really for everyone. It is a place to discuss the mods and modpacks that the technic devs choose to include.

Three things I would like to help drive home that Jay? already pointed out.

The technic devs decide what mods and modpacks to include and nobody else.

There is already a method for bringing things to their attention, it works fine and they are happy with it.

Technic is a specific place for specific people.