Ore Generation is Bugged

Jeepney

Question

It appears something is wrong with ore generation.

6p2DVh.png

This only has appeared in a few chunks. However, it is majorly exploitable on SMP.

The moderators on the server have reported finding multiple of these in the last hour.

hvFw9h.png

It appears that only IC2 and Forestry ores are affected. Regular ores seem to spawn fine. Uranium seems to be spawning in veins of 10+. The administrator has reported that it only should be in veins of 3 max.

yPfYyh.png

13 answers to this question

We are using the most recent version of Tekkit. I believe the developers will be pleased with the fact that I at least sent them an unknown issue, rather than not providing detailed information for my first post. Anyway, we use a completely standard Tekkit. It isn't modified, beyond what the developers have done. We only use around 4 plugins. None of which deal with ore generation.

Abrakadabrah

Launcher/pack Version: 2.11

Operating System: mossycobble1.28

Version of Java: v6 32 bit

Description of Problem: bugged ore generation( entire chunks of tin/copper)

I believe the developers will be pleased with the fact that I at least sent them an unknown issue, rather than not providing detailed information for my first post.

Operating System: mossycobble1.28

Not when you don't even understand what an operating system is, they won't.

Not when you don't even understand what an operating system is, they won't.

We do not host the server from our own computer, on the server manager it says:

Operating System mossycobble1.28

Furthermore, seeing how widely used MossyCobble is, I believe the developers know what they are dealing with.

The cause of this issue has nothing to do with the Operating System anyway, so we can not treat this as a client-side issue. I would understand if it were someone on SSP having these problems, but this is on a server that has been running for 2 weeks. We have not had this problem until today.

• Forum Administrators

Furthermore, seeing how widely used MossyCobble is, I believe the developers know what they are dealing with.

The cause of this issue has nothing to do with the Operating System anyway, so we can not treat this as a client-side issue. I would understand if it were someone on SSP having these problems, but this is on a server that has been running for 2 weeks. We have not had this problem until today.

The devs here don't keep track of every hosting company out there. And even if they do how do you expect them to know anything about a os called "mossycobble." What is that even? Is that a custom linux distro they run? It could be anything.

It appears they are partnered with Ubuntu, so I can only guess that it is a custom version of Ubuntu. I'm not saying they keep track of every company, nor do they have to. Minecraft is coded in Java, which is multi-platform. I would assume that there would be no major issues that would occur just because of the Operating System.

The server worked fine for 2 weeks, with the same Operating System. Also, all servers I've visited using the same host have not had this problem. Throwing the problem at an OS issue will not solve the problem any faster.

From this image, it would appear that you are right. It's stupid for them to rename a linux distro, but you're right.

However, you need to understand that we ask for this information because it provides us a base-line on troubleshooting; somewhere to start at.

Possible issues - What plugins have you guys (or mossycobble) added to the server? It's likely that there could be a conflict there. Was there anything that was added recently? If it was working fine for two weeks, as you say, then what changed? Plugin update, new mod? Rogue client mod?

A thought - Are those actually ores that can be harvested? I remember a glitch a while back on a bukkit server where the mods had installed an anti-xray plugin that scrambled the textures on most everything underground. Caused some weird images.

Also a note, but if there's one thing that going to MineCon taught me, it is that the Minecraft community is huge and extremely diverse. Just because you're a fan of something or use a specific tool doesn't mean a thing. We're all just a drop in the bukkit, groups of vocal minorities. Doing a search on these forums reveal 5-10 posts containing "mossy cobble," and fewer referring to anything technical. It's possible that not many people who use tekkit have that service. I know that I hadn't heard about it before I googled trying to figure out what it was.

From this image, it would appear that you are right. It's stupid for them to rename a linux distro, but you're right.

However, you need to understand that we ask for this information because it provides us a base-line on troubleshooting; somewhere to start at.

Possible issues - What plugins have you guys (or mossycobble) added to the server? It's likely that there could be a conflict there. Was there anything that was added recently? If it was working fine for two weeks, as you say, then what changed? Plugin update, new mod? Rogue client mod?

A thought - Are those actually ores that can be harvested? I remember a glitch a while back on a bukkit server where the mods had installed an anti-xray plugin that scrambled the textures on most everything underground. Caused some weird images.

Also a note, but if there's one thing that going to MineCon taught me, it is that the Minecraft community is huge and extremely diverse. Just because you're a fan of something or use a specific tool doesn't mean a thing. We're all just a drop in the bukkit, groups of vocal minorities. Doing a search on these forums reveal 5-10 posts containing "mossy cobble," and fewer referring to anything technical. It's possible that not many people who use tekkit have that service. I know that I hadn't heard about it before I googled trying to figure out what it was.

First of all, thank you for being respectful, I appreciate it.

We are currently testing our plugins, based on your suggestion. We will report our findings.

I have tested our current plugins and none of them are causing the issue i have reloaded the map with teh same seed and tested the chunks that had issues and they are all fine

we only have the found diamonds plugin but that does not change anything just displays when diamonds are found and does not work with modded ores( not that it needs to be )

the ores are still mining able as well no plugins have been added or changed since the server opened and there are chunks that are beyond 1000x1000 and some as close as 100 100

If you regenerate the map on the exact same server & seed, you aren't able to replicate the issue? Did anything change between the initial setup of the server and now?

Do you have some plugin that allows you to regenerate ore? Check your logs... maybe some admin has been naughty...