Will adding railcraft manually cause problems?

kennaah

I have a question regarding Railcraft. It's not in the pack anymore, but will adding it manually cause any problems? 

I have searched for an answer but can't find any.

Edited by kennaah

I added some mods to Tekkit (and deleted some). One of the added mods was railcraft.

Except of some ID conflicts there are so far no issues. So the answer would be "no, I do not think that adding railcraft manually will result in problems".

I added some mods to Tekkit (and deleted some). One of the added mods was railcraft.

Except of some ID conflicts there are so far no issues. So the answer would be "no, I do not think that adding railcraft manually will result in problems".

Did you clean op the ID conflicts or just let it be?

Of course I did clean the ID conflicts. Otherwise it would not have worked.

It is actually very simple.

You see either on the screen or as a text file in your modpack-folder (client) which IDs are conflicting. Additionally you also should see which IDs are recommended to be used (last line).

Now, you find out in which configuration file the conflicted IDs are and then you changed ONE of the two conflicting IDs to another free number and try again.

Example:

Block A from railcraft conflicts with block R from Minefactory Reloaded

Block B from Big Reactors conflicts with block U from railcraft

Last line telling you which IDs are free

Now, having two ID conflicts with railcraft it would be wise to change all railcraft conflicts in the railcraft configuration file. You look up block A and U which will have the same ID as Block R and B.

Then change the ID with a number from the range that was listed in the last line of the conflicts info....save the change in the config file and try again.

Of course, there are some mods that help you deal with those conflicts. However, I have never used them and I personally think it makes sense to deal with it manually. This way you actually know what you are doing and what is being changed (if further problems occur, you have a history of what was being done).

But, as usual....YMMV

I've looked up the report I get and the blocks that Railcraft is conflicting with are vanilla minecraft items.
However if i look in de railcraft.cgf I can't find the block ID's which are supose to be conflicting. 

Should I search harder for the ID blocks or leave it be, because the vanilla items normally changed anyway?