New to the whole 'No phase pipe'

Grimfate

So i'm playing around with the idea of having a network connected up so i can request stuff that are miles away. or at least hidden from plain sight. IS this possible to do with the Tesseract? if so, could anyone inform me how to do so, because i've been literally googling about, checking videos, no one has touched this subject at all.

Can i or can't i connect a tesseract to a network and then just request something from afar?

thanks on beforehand

I use "cleverly" connected enderchests personally. I've found tesseracts to be more unwieldy than they're worth for non-fluids. Your other option is to just set up relatively hidden ME wireless relays to extend an ME network over long distances.

For simply having everything centrally located a simple ME network will allow one (or multiple) access ports to draw form your entire pool of resources on the network. The actual storage can be closeted away, needing only wires to the ME access blocks. It's modular and extensible.

If you want ME access across distances then use a quantum singularity ring. You'll need to feed a ton of stuff into a condenser first to make the singularity (which you then split into a pair) and then construct the two quantum gates. This will allow you to have one network in as many locations as you like. Using ME wireless access points would mean running loads of cable depending on how far you wanted to go.

Edited by Digdug83

A Quantum Bridge goes any distance (and between dimensions), but I imagine the chunk(s) your main ME network is in need to be loaded (mine is, so not sure if that is required). 4 biofuel generators did not seem to be enough to power a remote Quantum Bridge, but 6 power that and TE/Galactricraft machines in a pocket dimension (fed by endertank from main base), and before that at a remote autospawner I built, just to access stuff from my ME network while building it. The autospawner has a separate small ME network to collect drops and mob essence from grinders in the autospawner and another chamber with vanilla skeleton spawner (relocated using spatial storage) and cursed earth.

A patch of netherworts on my roof keep me supplied with enough biofuel to power my base and the pocket dimension (other than laser drill which is powered by reactor/20K steam turbine).

With quantum bridges and sufficient power (you can see how much MJ they take by hooking one up and looking at your ME Controller and switching it to MJ mode) you can extend your ME network anywhere you like. Like efflandt said, you must keep them chunk loaded though otherwise that part of the network will become unavailable.

If you're looking for videos on AE I highly recommend the Mindcrafters channel for pretty much anything to do with Minecraft modding.

If you're looking for videos on AE I highly recommend the Mindcrafters channel for pretty much anything to do with Minecraft modding.

I can suggest direwolf20 spotlights, they are simple and straight forward.

Google for:

direwolf20 applied energistics

Also did they remove the coloured ender chests? (realised i could just request on the go with a remote order pipe connected to an ender chest and then have a Remote orderer + ender pouch with me)

Edited by Grimfate

if you want to be able to request from literally anywhere, logistics pipes is the only way to go.  all you need is a remote order pipe on a ender chest, like you said, with a synced remote orderer and ender pouch in your inventory.  that will allow you to access your entire system from absolutely anywhere (assuming it's all connected correctly at home).  Add in another ender chest - pouch combination with an extractor pipe attached to that chest, and you have a way to put items back into your storage from anywhere, meaning you never have to run out of bag space.