why isn't my thechnic launcher working on windows 8

raymon

Have you installed Java? If you have 64-bit Windows 8 (typically if your computer came with 4 GB or more) make sure you end up with 64-bit Java (allows you to use more RAM than 32-bit).

Also from what I read somewhere about minecraft, I think that Java programs (like the launcher and minecraft) only run in the Win7 like "desktop", not in the Metro phone like big icon mode. I did run minecraft (not tekkit) in a 64-bit Windows 8.1 work computer (Lenovo all-in-one, after hours) just to see what it would do, and it worked even with Intel integrated graphics. Although, any other graphics (ATI or Nvidia) is very likely, much faster.

But I mostly run 64-bit Linux at home (on it now).

Edited by efflandt

Have you installed Java? If you have 64-bit Windows 8 (typically if your computer came with 4 GB or more) make sure you end up with 64-bit Java (allows you to use more RAM than 32-bit).

Also from what I read somewhere about minecraft, I think that Java programs (like the launcher and minecraft) only run in the Win7 like "desktop", not in the Metro phone like big icon mode. I did run minecraft (not tekkit) in a 64-bit Windows 8.1 work computer (Lenovo all-in-one, after hours) just to see what it would do, and it worked even with Intel integrated graphics. Although, any other graphics (ATI or Nvidia) is very likely, much faster.

Digdug had it right. Please don't provide support in the wrong place, it just encourages people to throwup their posts anywhere.

minecraft is working just fine but tekkit isn't working