Tekkit Server Help. Launch.bat isnt working.

lenzon101

Question

Ok so, i have tekkit 2.1.1, i extracted it into a folder, i let it finish, click launch.bat, and it gives me this :

Launcher/pack Version: Technicpack dosnt work atm, not sure why.

Operating System: Win 7

Version of Java: 7

Description of Problem: Cant launch server with launch.bat, or at all.

Error Messages:

C:\Users\Free Spirit\Desktop\Tekkit 2.1.1>C:\Program Files <86>\Java\bin -Xmx1G -Xms1g -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\Free Spirit\Desktop\Tekkit 2.1.1>pause

Press any ket to continue

Link to pastebin of log: (not sure what you mean)

9 answers to this question

The Launcher.bat that came with the 2.1.1 server didn't work for me either, although I got an other error. Try putting this in your Launcher.bat instead:

java -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

Hope it helps.

OP: Edit the .bat file to include quotes around the java directory structure and executable, leaving the command line additions outside. If you want to try melle's solution, add java to your system path. There are directions for doing so on the Java site, and Google should be able to find them for you easily. Side note: Make sure you're using the correct bit version of Java (32 or 64) for your version of Win7 (you don't say which you have).

I get this error when I run it as administrator:

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -Xms5

12M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

Unable to access jarfile Tekkit.jar

C:\Windows\system32>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

I am running win7 64-bit

32 and 64 bit java are installed

I have set the path in the edit batch file like so:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

Any help?

Ok so, i have tekkit 2.1.1, i extracted it into a folder, i let it finish, click launch.bat, and it gives me this :

Launcher/pack Version: Technicpack dosnt work atm, not sure why.

Operating System: Win 7

Version of Java: 7

Description of Problem: Cant launch server with launch.bat, or at all.

Error Messages:

C:\Users\Free Spirit\Desktop\Tekkit 2.1.1>C:\Program Files <86>\Java\bin -Xmx1G -Xms1g -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\Free Spirit\Desktop\Tekkit 2.1.1>pause

Press any ket to continue

Link to pastebin of log: (not sure what you mean)

hold up, is that really the unedited launch.bat that is currently bundled with the server? because I just took a look and it's not.

your specific problem is that you are not giving a proper path to anything in that command. 2 things:

1) the path is C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java not C:\program files\java\bin

2) it needs to be in quotes, like "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java" -whatever -blah -jar tekkit.jar nogui

elkstone, give me a log file that proves you also wrote your own batch file, had no idea what you were doing, and got the path wrong. you've got 2 hours. if not, I'm probating you for being completely useless to this discussion. I swear to god if there's one thing that grinds my gears more than any other it is "I have the same problem!" posts when 99% of the time you do NOT have the same problem and they include no logs or anything.

edit: time's up. have a nice vacation.

I have resolved the problem at least for me.

The solution is to download Java 7 from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u4-download-1591157.html

Just accept the terms and conditions then download and run the installer. Once you've done this the default .bat file should work. I didn't have to edit the batch file for this to work so if you have I recommend you re-download the server file. Then it will (should) open the windows cmd, once this is done you can use the same commands as the normal minecraft server.

Hope this helps :)

I have a similar problem, when i try to open the launch.bat file on my 64 bit windows operating system (I have downloaded jre7)This is the config I have for the launch.bat file: java -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

This is the error I get: C:\Users\Family_2\Desktop\Tekkit server>java -Xmx1G -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Family_2\Desktop\Tekkit server>pause

Press any key to continue...

i did the java path thingy but now it says

error occured during initialisation of VM

could not reserve enough space for object heap

Error: could not create the java virtual machine

Error: a fatal exception has occured. program will exit.