Need advice on a server host?

DoxNotch

Why not yourself? Every host I have ran across have issues to some extent, either they essentially steal money from you for bullshit that isn't necessary, or overcharges for hardware that won't do what you want it to. If yourself isn't an option, the only host I can honestly recommend in any context, would be verygames.co.uk - and that's it.

No issues? Do you know how much RAM they offer per plan? Does it increase? Whats the hardware like in any aspect? I see no info about this at all on their main page with the plan information without going into the site more deeply. And lets see, 1GB for the $15 plan? Over expensive, and they dont even straightforward say which of "three" processors theyll be using with the plan beforehand. And unmetered disk usage huh? Proof of this? I doubt its unmetered, I really do. And this is just concerns I have looking at the website alone let alone actually going through that host.

No issues? Do you know how much RAM they offer per plan? Does it increase? Whats the hardware like in any aspect? I see no info about this at all on their main page with the plan information without going into the site more deeply. And lets see, 1GB for the $15 plan? Over expensive, and they dont even straightforward say which of "three" processors theyll be using with the plan beforehand. And unmetered disk usage huh? Proof of this? I doubt its unmetered, I really do. And this is just concerns I have looking at the website alone let alone actually going through that host.

My AOTB server consistently uses about 1.6gb of ram, well above the 1200 mb they say the plan comes with and I have never heard word one about it. Cpu usage is never an issue excepting the odd wierd bug that is usually cleared up pretty easily or a simple restart fixes. I get no complaints about lag, though one bulld area is really starting to drop the framerate due to the LARGE amount of microblocks. I can switch between mod packs, or go vanilla, depending on what the guys want to play on any given day (currently AOTB and FTB Horizons). I have had absolutely zero issues. It does exactly what I need for a small server for friends and family.