Dynmap for Singleplayer Game?

DicheBach

I've come to the realization that I need to play quite a bit more before I am truly of "veteran" knowledge level, so I'm breaking my play time now between my circlecraft jclite avatar, and a singleplayer survival game with a nice seed I found online.

I wondered if it is possible to link this game world to the dynmap application so I an view it in zoomable mode like we do on the server maps.

I had a look at the Dynmap thread on Minecraft. Search doesn't seem to work and although singleplay was mentioned a couple times in the first 10 or 15 pages, it isn't clear that the app will run for single play maps and the intallation instructions are not clear about that at all.

Anyone know if it is possible and if so, can you provide some pointers on getting it setup?

• 2 weeks later...

Setting up a server for Cauldron, which is essentially making a server for the modpack but using cauldron for launching the server instead of the modpacks respective jar file through the batch file (generally renaming the correct cauldron file to the modpack jar name and removing the other makes this the easiest)

Ie: Say I want to do this for attack of the b-team, I download the AotB server files, download Cauldron for 1.6.4, unzip the aotb server files, put the cauldron jar file into there, rename the BTeam.jar in there to like BTeam.old.jar and the cauldron jar to BTeam.jar, then I run it through the launch.bat file. It would then go through its normal process and you should see a new folder named "plugins" be made in the server folder. This is where dynmap would go - also, your world save info would be put into the "world" folder.

Ah thanks, that clarifies a lot. I should be able to sort it out now :)

This is where dynmap would go - also, your world save info would be put into the "world" folder.

So I could follow the steps you outline, copy my existing ssp world save folder into there, and (1) resume playing an existing world that I've already played 20 or 30 hours on but with Dynmap from that point forward?

Also just to clarify: (2) I'd no longer use the Technic Launcher to launch my ssp play, I'd use the "launch.bat file?"

You would run the pack through the launcher to connect to the server, but you would need to run the server before you would be able to get on. And yes you would be able to resume where you left off at.

There may only be a single hiccup: Player info may not be transferred properly since its normally stored in the level.dat for ssp and in the player dat for smp. If it isn't properly transferred, upload the world's level.dat and your player dat (worldlevel.dat and worldplayersplayer_name.dat) to a hosting location and I'll make sure the info is transferred properly.

Currently downloading the JCLite server files: https://www.copy.com/s/ZwSOTPiZKbOJ/JCLite-server-1.0.3.zip

I guess I'll create a directory like so:

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserver

and unzip those files there. Then see about getting cauldron and following the rest of your directions :)

ADDIT: so I made sure Jclite uses 1.6.4, and downloaded the Cauldron installer. exe (which I put into: C:TechnicmodpacksjcliteserverCauldron)

I had previously downloaded Mojangs web server app, so when I ran that Cauldron installer .exe as administrator it prompted me to install here:

C:UsersOwnerAppDataRoaming.minecraft

and overwrite the existing files.

Now I'm cutting (Ctrl-X) the

cauldron-1.6.4-1.965.21.197-server.jar

from that directory and putting it in:

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteservercauldron-1.6.4-1.965.21.197-server.jar

ADDIT^2:

I've hit my first snag where I can probably use some guidance.

I renamed:

C:TechnicmodpacksjcliteserverJCLite.jar

as "JCLiteOld.jar" and also renamed

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteservercauldron-1.6.4-1.965.21.197-server.jar

as "JCLite.jar"

I then ran as administrator:

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserverstartserver.bat

A command prompt window opens and says: "Error unable to access jarfile JCLite.jar, press any key to continue" and it then returns me to desktop.

Edited by DicheBach

Try moving the renamed file, deleting, etc. See if windows complains about it being accessed by something (CTRL+Z if you do delete it btw will undo the delete) - Also, keep in mind that the Cauldron installation doesnt auto download libraries anymore and you're forced to copy the libs folder over as well (otherwise it wont work regardless). The other potential is when you went to rename the cauldron jar it ended up having a double extension (ie: .jar.jar)

I did delete the JCLite.jar file and nothing happened. I also made sure that it did not have .jar twice. No luck with those.

What do you mean by "Cauldron installation doesnt auto download libraries anymore and you're forced to copy the libs folder over as well (otherwise it wont work regardless)."

I do have this:

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserverlibraries

and there are three folders in there: lzma, net and org

These each have two or more sub-directories as well.

Where would I find the "libs" folder you refer to "copying over?" and also, where do I copy it to?

oh is the libraries folder named libraries? was under the assumption it was under the, commonly used, "lib" name scheme. Since it isnt, copy the libraries over - its necessary. And, it used to be that FML and the like would auto-download the library files when it was ran if it needed to - this is no longer the case and it is the reason why FML, Cauldron, etc use installers now that get the libraries instead of having the system itself grab the library files (to which i hate btw but meh)

Can you post the contents of the batch file?

Since it isnt, copy the libraries over - its necessary. And, it used to be that FML and the like would auto-download the library files when it was ran if it needed to - this is no longer the case and it is the reason why FML, Cauldron, etc use installers now that get the libraries instead of having the system itself grab the library files (to which i hate btw but meh)

Can you post the contents of the batch file?

Here is the batch file contents:

@echo off

java -Xmx1536M -Xms1536M -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar JCLite.jar nogui

pause

Is that Java? Been learning some HTML and CSS and now working on some PHP. Wild if that is what Java syntax looks like. Didn't realize Java was an "adult" coding language (XX) ;)

I still do not follow what you mean when you say "copy the libraries over - its necessary."

Here is what I got in my C:Technicmodpacksjclite directory

vnLYm.jpg

And here it is with the C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserver directory that I created maximized.

8gcJW.jpg

As you can see, there is a "libraries" folder in the server sub-directory that must be there from me having run the installer .exe. But I don't see any other lib or library folder.

Edited by DicheBach

When cauldron is installed through their installer, it installs some libraries - wherever you installed it is where the library files was installed to.

java -Xmx1536M -Xms1536M -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar JCLite.jar nogui

Any particular reason you're using all of the JVM arguments (not the language syntax at all btw)? A default launch bat should besimilar to:

@echo off
java -Xmx2G -Xms1G -jar NAME.JAR nogui
pause

Granted this wont fix the cannot find jar file issue (assuming those JVM arguments are not somehow interfering, they shouldnt from looking at them.

Looking at the pathing, it should work just fine. What you can try to do is change the -jar potion of the batch file to be this:

-jar "%~dp0JCLite.jar"

(That is batch only btw - for those who want to try this through the command line directly)

This is similar to giving it the full qualified path (C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserver) but much more manipulable to be moved to any location and still work. %~dp0 is a batch "argument" to get the fully qualified path of the directory for the batch file itself. This will fix any cd (current directory) issues that may be happening.

-XX arguments btw are version dependent, and subject to change from java version to version. Some of these end up more permanent options (they often get moved to the -X argument name scheme) and others get dropped, others get added, etc. Google JVM Arguments XX and you should be find out more info about them in general.

• Discord Moderator

I suppose I could weigh in since this is my modpack (and server). :)

Diche: Here is a download link for the Current (1.0.5) JCLite packaged as a server with you configured to be OP and permissions group "Owner", as well as DynMap configured to work the way it does on my server.

https://copy.com/p177RU8RWpqC?download=1

Simply extract it and run the startserver.bat file and you should be good to go.

Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

This is not a dig at DicheBach at all (he's a nice guy and I like having him on my servers) but he wasn't installing things "correctly". The JCLite 1.0.3 server archive he downloaded was also a "point and click" solution if it is simply extracted to a folder and started with the startserver.bat file.

Yeah, but its part of the reason I wanted to look into this further without just offering up a working solution. In the event someone else comes in the future with the same issue overall, I would have a better explanation behind what is going on and how to fix it.

• Discord Moderator

The whole process was wrong. The relevant portions of a server modpack are the config and mods folders (and other top level folders like Flan and Chocolate if the mods require). All the rest of the stuff is server process/binary/JAR related. The correct way to move any existing server pack to a significantly new version of Cauldron would be:

• Download the Cauldron installer and install to a new folder. We'll refer to that folder as SERVER.
  • Launch the new Cauldron server jar in SERVER (using an appropriate batch file containing reasonable command line arguments) in order to generate all the supporting files. Stop the server.
  • Remove the "world" folder that gets generated by default.
  • Edit the supporting files (cauldron.yml, spigot.yml, server.properties, etc.) to your liking.
  • Copy in the config and mods folders (and others, yadda yadda) to SERVER.

At this point you have a working server in the SERVER folder. However, if you want to include an existing world you need to put it in a folder named as whatever you have set in the server.properties file.

• Discord Moderator

I understand that, in your case, I'm preaching to the choir. :) Had he simply extracted the original ZIP to a folder and then installed the current Cauldron into that same folder he would have able to get it working by simply changing the contents of the startup batch file. I guess what I was getting at is that there wasn't enough information about the state of things or how he got there to give a succinct response about how to fix things. The best recourse in that case is simply to start over and do it correctly (which ever way that may have been).

Thanks for helping someone with my (shamefully) outdated server pack, hehe.