How do Levels work

MachoMango

like, the farther we walk to zones get harder or what?

Well, something like that. If I'm not wrong H/M is somewhat based off World Of Warcraft. I've never played it before. I think the further you travel out the difficulty level does increase bit by bit. Probably the same thing in Minecraft.

Well, something like that. If I'm not wrong H/M is somewhat based off World Of Warcraft. I've never played it before. I think the further you travel out the difficulty level does increase bit by bit. Probably the same thing in Minecraft.

for all i've noticed playing it the further you get from the spawn the harder the areas are ( areas = biome's )

i dont think it has anything to do with world-gen ( new biome's would have a level relative to your own )

two reasons

#1 once i was floating around a damn large ocean, over 2k blocks long

the diffrent islands had levels depending on their location ( middle one was like lv20, further ones were lv25, the continent on the other side was lv30+ )

#2 after retracing my steps going back towards spawn around lv 24 i went through a different route and world-gen was generating

those areas weren't relative to my own level, they were relative to the "areas" around them

so if you want to get a high level area..

click on F3 and travel straight in one of directions

Actually it does seem that when you go out to the ocean the levels will jump on occasion drastically, most because I think the oceans are the larger biomes so they border more areas and you cover more ground when traveling by boat, so in theory it's like traveling through the low level areas and into the high level ones by passing up the lower levels. Get it?

So it's like this:

[lvl2 land][lvl1 land][lvl1 land][lvl1 land]

[lvl2 land][lvl2 land][lvl1 land][lvl1 land]

[lvl2 land][lvl3 land][lvl1 land][lvl3 land]

[lvl3 land][lvl4watr][lvl4watr][lvl3 land]

[lvl5 land][lvl4watr][lvl4watr][lvl4watr]

[lvl5 land][lvl4watr][lvl4 watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl5 land][lvl6watr][lvl4 watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl6 land][lvl6watr][lvl6 watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl7 land][lvl6watr][lvl6 watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl8 land][lvl6watr][lvl6 watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl8 land][lvl6watr][lvl6watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl10land][lvl10land][lvl6watr][lvl6watr]

[lvl10land][lvl10land][lvl10land][lvl10land]

The same sort of things can happen with large ad masses such as deserts or jungles.

At least that's my theory.

your on the right direction i believe

but

it would be impossible for the level of the islands of an ocean to all be scaled and relative towards eachother cause the way world-gen works

when you "discover" ( generate ) one island other islands might not exist yet

so if what you say is true than if you travel in a boat to one end of an extremely large ocean in a straight line

take a 500block turn and head back

while generating new areas, assuming you encounter a new island- it would have to be higher level than the current ones no matter of its location in the ocean ( starting shore < - > ending shore )

to conclude what i suggested earlier

would you agree the particular level of the area is dependent on your coords? ( while only fluctuating once per biome )