New World Height + Sea Level

jakj

From what I have been able to glean, sea level (and worldgen overall) is pretty much unaltered due to the new worldheight, leaving sealevel still at 63. Does anyone know of any mod or patch that's managed to change this to 128 easily?

I'm thinking getting vanilla to change it shouldn't be a horrible problem, maybe, since I've seen some sea-level constants in the code, but I wonder if that would just change the water and simply flood the entire map because vanilla and mod block generation still works at the same height. I haven't tested to see.

(But I really would like to have 1/2 of the world be underground and 1/2 be overground, just like it was before.)

Nah, it'd be hilarious to be mining down and find a pirate airship...

The first time, it'd be hilarious. "Looks like they phase-shifted on that last voyage!" :D Then you'd realize that it's going to be impossible to find them fast enough to actually benefit from looting them, since pirates don't make any noise to track. I guess you could use the entity radar below where you think there'd be a shoreline, but that's just messy...

• Forum Administrators

Why have the ocean at 128? I'd figure to simply make land generation go above 128, large hills and mountains, you know, while keeping the sea at 63. Big oceans don't do anything at all, not right now.

I'd love this as well. I've used some custom generators that do something like this but I've yet to find something that would also give half-decent ore distribution as having a 200 block high hill with ores still starting at 64 kind of sucks.

Wedge is awesome but it doesn't store it's settings and after initial worldgen goes back to default (at least it did that a few weeks ago, perhaps it's fixed now).

Combining Wedge with better ore distribution would be awesome but the latter doesn't support Forge ores.

There is a metric craptonne of things besides ores that have to be accounted for, such as TC treasure chests and crystals, monoliths, water and lava pools, and...yeah. I was hoping it would be as simple as editing a constant, but silly me, why would I think a thing such as that.

This is Notch's coding we're talking about, here!

you do realize terrafirma craft changes EVERYTHING, meaning that every single block what would naturally spawn in minecraft is replaced with a TFCraft block, leaving the old blocks in place... meaning you would have to start over anyway

you do realize terrafirma craft changes EVERYTHING, meaning that every single block what would naturally spawn in minecraft is replaced with a TFCraft block, leaving the old blocks in place... meaning you would have to start over anyway

Oh yeah I totally didn't realize that that means you can't even look at how it does it.

Hoho, the Better Ore Distribution mod allows you to add mod ores to the config, I think. The forum thread has some instructions, and even a sample config for IC2. You just have to tell it what block ID to look for.

Yes, it supports ores by ID, not by their metadata that all Forge ores are using. Also, Forge ores are using different distribution methods than vanilla ores and Better Ore Distribution doesn't support hijacking that.

You can read all about it in the last few pages of the mod's thread. The author said he will try to contact Eloraam to make it work with Forge ores as well but not before a week or two as he has exams.