Two questions about Forestry

Since RedPower is the only mod not updated for 1.2.5, the update will be here soon me thinks. And as Forestry is being removed, i have two questions about i couldn't find answers to.

1. I know that playing a world that has stuff from Forestry will cause the stuff to be air blocks until a mod uses the same IDs as Forestry did. That will cause world corruption, so is there any way after the update to convert my world so the Forestry blocks will be just air, nothing else. As i have a multiplayer server in which i have a huge base, i don't want the world to be corrupted and lose all that hard work.

2. I heard that some developer will make Forestry work with Tekkit again, but when another mod comes that uses the Forestry IDs, will some developer continue to support Forestry or will i have to change the IDs all the time to stop conflictions?

Thanks in advance.

1. Probably. Someone made a converter when we went from 1.1.4 to 2.1. I presume someone will do the same here.

2. Unknown. SirPoopyPants will be removing the DRM eventually, supposedly.. but there are no promises as to whether the IDs will sync.

Thanks, i dont really care about Forestry removal, the only thing i used it for was the electrical engines, which i have replaced with energy links. The automatic farming was fun, though :(

Verily. But you can setup auto-farms with railcraft.. so its not like you're out of options.

Since RedPower is the only mod not updated for 1.2.5, the update will be here soon me thinks. And as Forestry is being removed, i have two questions about i couldn't find answers to.

1. I know that playing a world that has stuff from Forestry will cause the stuff to be air blocks until a mod uses the same IDs as Forestry did. That will cause world corruption, so is there any way after the update to convert my world so the Forestry blocks will be just air, nothing else. As i have a multiplayer server in which i have a huge base, i don't want the world to be corrupted and lose all that hard work.

2. I heard that some developer will make Forestry work with Tekkit again, but when another mod comes that uses the Forestry IDs, will some developer continue to support Forestry or will i have to change the IDs all the time to stop conflictions?

Thanks in advance.

My number one; RedPower is updated to 1.2.5 (it's in the Technic dev build), it's just not entirely stable as a bukkit port yet (from what I've read).

Your number 1. You can probably try a world editor and manually change all the forestry blocks into air (or something else).

2. Well, since someone's making bukkit ports for forestry, I'd imagine they're not doing it only for the tekkit crowd. Someone will probably keep porting it to bukkit and you may be able to keep getting it to work with tekkit. However, because the technic team no longer have to keep those ids free for forestry, you'll probably have to mess with ids (maybe every update depending on how tekkit changes).