What is keeping us from the update?

Not that I want to encourage this shit, but there is not a bukkit port for redpower until eloraam decides to give permission for the people who ported it to release it. That isn't to say that you can't find a port somewhere...

As far as I know, the ports released by Maeyanie, and symsystem were pretty buggy anyways. Its possible that the computer aspect of RedPower has some problems when trying to port to SMP, and Eloraam knows this and she won't allow a port to be released until she fixes things with her code. TL;DR Wait for Eloraam to update RedPower then look for a port. Thats all just speculation by the way. I have no idea whats keeping RedPower from being ported, but that would be my guess.

Not even the singleplayer version has been released yet, and the multiplayer version is vastly more complicated and complex. You have to keep in mind that the Technic Pack is primarily designed for two groups: The busy, and the stupid. (Meaning, those who don't want to spend a lot of time getting their shit working, and those who are incapable of it.)

It does no good to release a Technic or Tekkit before it reaches the point of "press button...get stuff", because then the bug boards get even busier, and people lose what they wanted: Easy modded Minecraft.

he´s not asking for an ETA directly, he just wants to know what is missing for the next update. ( mods, work-effort, patchs.... )

that´s how i understand it : )

Thank you for explaining it to Brunswick lol. I never asked for an ETA, I just wanted to know what's the issue that's preventing them from the update.

Not that I want to encourage this shit, but there is not a bukkit port for redpower until eloraam decides to give permission for the people who ported it to release it. That isn't to say that you can't find a port somewhere...

As far as I know, the ports released by Maeyanie, and symsystem were pretty buggy anyways. Its possible that the computer aspect of RedPower has some problems when trying to port to SMP, and Eloraam knows this and she won't allow a port to be released until she fixes things with her code. TL;DR Wait for Eloraam to update RedPower then look for a port. Thats all just speculation by the way. I have no idea whats keeping RedPower from being ported, but that would be my guess.

Hmm, that explains it. Hopefully Redpower gets fixed and ported soon, 1.2.5 Tekkit will be awesome!