Control power flowing through power teleport pipes

Hi,

I've setup my base with about 20 electrical engines all outputting to a couple of power teleport pipes on different frequencies. All power is teleported to a number of quarries/forestry machines but at the moment I'm unable to control which machines are running. Is there a way to control which machines are running, either by controlling the machine or controlling the teleport pipes to the machines?

I don't think forestry machines or quarries turn off in response to a RS signal which rules out anything elegant, so the only thing I can think of is to head to the machine in question and change the receiving teleport pipe frequency to one you aren't using, or more simply just change can receive to FALSE and it'll stop the machine working for lack of power.

Was afraid of that.. Automating everything just to walk around my world turning machines on or off doesn't sound like fun..

I'll guess the best way is to divide my electrical engines in groups and control where the engines are running or not.

Where do you want to control them from?

You could divvy up your 20 engines among specific teleport pipes. Say, four engines per teleport pipe. Keep them separate from each other so you have five smaller systems instead of one large system. Then you can wire on / off switches for each bank of engines.

That's the best I can think of for controlling your remote systems.

Where do you want to control them from?

You could divvy up your 20 engines among specific teleport pipes. Say, four engines per teleport pipe. Keep them separate from each other so you have five smaller systems instead of one large system. Then you can wire on / off switches for each bank of engines.

That's the best I can think of for controlling your remote systems.

Maybe one of these days, Tekkit will get the AdditionalBuildcraftObjects mod. It adds a "power switch pipe" that allows control of the power flow.

http://www.siedler25.org/uploads/minecraft/AdditionalBuildcraftObjects/2.2.14/

One trick you could use would be to put a sticky piston against one of the pipes leading up to the teleport pipe. When you want to stop power going through that pipe, flip the switch to stop power from crossing over to the teleporter.